Mullet

Matt Baldwin

Angry Boat owner

I am in complete agreement with Five Belllies; this should have been handled differently, rather than the public castigation on this forum and by unsolicited email and if the remark in your email " I sincerely hope I don't bump into you down the Marina" is a veiled threat directed at a 17 year old then you have me and presumably Five Bellies to answer to.

And me makes three! :angry:

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on ladies, put away your handbags. :rolleyes:

At work on a boat, specifically told not to fish, but does fish and catches a large mullet.

The only thing he did wrong it seems, is to break the trust of the person (Angry Boat Owner) who had him working on the boat.

Does that make Matt a nasty , evil person, I don't think so, very naive and with a few lessons in growing up to learn, but thats about it.

As for the fish being caught in a large landing net, many mullet have been lifted off the Prince of Wales at Dover by drop net, without a rod involved.

Whether Matt did net it, or was just lying to Angry Boat Owner, only he knows.

Lining up to fight on his behalf, is more laughable, than laudible.

If he wants to rebut anything that has been said, no doubt he will.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Come on ladies, put away your handbags. :rolleyes:

At work on a boat, specifically told not to fish, but does fish and catches a large mullet.

The only thing he did wrong it seems, is to break the trust of the person (Angry Boat Owner) who had him working on the boat.

Does that make Matt a nasty , evil person, I don't think so, very naive and with a few lessons in growing up to learn, but thats about it.

As for the fish being caught in a large landing net, many mullet have been lifted off the Prince of Wales at Dover by drop net, without a rod involved.

Whether Matt did net it, or was just lying to Angry Boat Owner, only he knows.

Lining up to fight on his behalf, is more laughable, than laudible.

If he wants to rebut anything that has been said, no doubt he will.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

I dont believe any one Is talking about fighting, We are talking about a fully grown man and his dad by all acounts (my dads bigger than yours :rolleyes: ) making threats to a young man Call me old fashiond but thats bullying and unacceptable. I agree with Tony U on this piont.

Yes you are right You can snatch most surfacing fish with a drop net one that is dangled thirty foot down a sea wall without throwing your shadow or reflection one that is then submerged and wipped up under a fish, But again I direct attention to the Bl00dy great thing that the man is saying was used. look at the lay out of the boat how would Matt have concielled himself I think we are looking at sour grapes what fully growen man Acts like this Not any men that I Know,

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

I dont believe any one Is talking about fighting, We are talking about a fully grown man and his dad by all acounts (my dads bigger than yours :rolleyes: ) making threats to a young man Call me old fashiond but thats bullying and unacceptable. I agree with Tony U on this piont.

Yes you are right You can snatch most surfacing fish with a drop net one that is dangled thirty foot down a sea wall without throwing your shadow or reflection one that is then submerged and wipped up under a fish, But again I direct attention to the Bl00dy great thing that the man is saying was used. look at the lay out of the boat how would Matt have concielled himself I think we are looking at sour grapes what fully growen man Acts like this Not any men that I Know,

Admittedly you did not mention fighting but it seems that Tony U is volunteering your services and KAYC wants to join in, being part of the gang that Angry Boat Owner has to "answer to".

I have a broad understanding of what that expression means.

You mention a fully grown man and his dad making threats to a young man.

Angry Boat Owner never said whether he was a fully grown man, or someones father, so obviously you know more about this, than those of us that can only get the "facts" from on here.

I would think there is little chance of anyone bumping into Matt at that Marina, I should imagine there is a "Wanted" poster up in the Security Office. :)

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Thank you all for your support in this matter.

I first met this man through a general email that he circulated in 2005 to the Medway Mullet Club members inviting members to join him on his boat at the marina with a view to fishing for Mullet!

My dad and I have joined him on his boat inside the marina several times to Mullet fish with him fishing there aswell at the same time and therefore with his agreement. Even he has broken the rules and jeopardised himself countless times.

This is what happened on the day in question (7/7/2007).....

Mark Slater (Angry Boat Owner) promised me that he would be down on the marina for 12noon sharp. i arrived down there just before 12noon. As he wasn't there, i rang him several times to find out what he wanted me to do for him and to see where he was and what time he would be arriving. He didn't arrive till 4pm, during which time i carried out his request in washing and polishing his boat as he instructed me to do. I did everything he asked me to do and worked hard on that hot day but he seemed to find fault with it. He constantly down talked to me for the 20 or so minutes he was there and showed me how he would like the job done, being sarcastic at the same time. He told me to finish at 5pm and he had told me previously that he would pay me £25 for doing this work for him. I have never received any payment for this work.

I finished working for him at 5pm as requested. My dad had arrived onto the boat just before 5pm. I fished for about 5 minutes when i hooked the fish with my rod and line. I don't even own a sea net but i didn't take any net that day. However when i had to land the fish onto the boat, i couldn't lift the fish up as it would have snapped my line as it was too big. I got Marks medium sized net from on top of his boat. The fish hardly fitted into the net because it was so big.

When I released the fish alive back into the marina after my dad had taken the pictures and weighing it, my dad helped me tidy the back of the boat. There was no bread bag out, there was no bread left on the back of the boat, there were no fish scales. When my dad and I left the boat, it was clean and tidy. The only way to get mushy bread on the back of the boat is if you leave a bread bag out for a considerable amount of time. However I haven't even got a bread bag anymore as it broke last season.

Mr. Slater got his dad to phone my house late last night and kept harrasing me and my dad about the matter. He slammed the phone down onto me, he was argumentative to my dad and he wouldn't listen. What I want to know is why did Mark get his dad to phone my house? Why didn't he phone up himself? And why did he wait 4 weeks to come forward now?

My friends have noted your threat you made towards me Mr Slater. My dad and I have been made to look like liars. I am not a cheat, fishing is a passion and I would never go about fishing with the intention of cheating to win, as my many fishing friends know.

I caught the fish with a rod, line and hook fair and square!

Edited by Matt Baldwin

Hia's All

Admittedly you did not mention fighting but it seems that Tony U is volunteering your services and KAYC wants to join in, being part of the gang that Angry Boat Owner has to "answer to".

I have a broad understanding of what that expression means.

You mention a fully grown man and his dad making threats to a young man.

Angry Boat Owner never said whether he was a fully grown man, or someones father, so obviously you know more about this, than those of us that can only get the "facts" from on here.

I would think there is little chance of anyone bumping into Matt at that Marina, I should imagine there is a "Wanted" poster up in the Security Office. :)

Cranfield I see that you are a dipomatic man, and you have tried to calm a situation that could easly become inflamed, but your well intentioned post is defleting the main thrust of this unpleasent buisness please let us not mention any suggestion of violence From any one from now on. Violence and protecting poeple from it has earnt me a living for many years,this is not an issue in this particular instance and it wont be, Tonys comment put into context was exactley what it said on the box awnsering to some one is

not sending the boys around and im sure Kayac (who Ive never met but like him allready) ment the same, easy Tiger ! :lol: ,

I have just read matts post and I think that he has answerd more questions than he had to, in a mannor that supports my claim. That he is a mature honest young person.

I was made privvy to the circumstances and the whats and the where fors of the whole affair by Matt after I managed to contact him between my first and second posts you now Know as much as I do. one thing I will say is that Matt gave a chuckle and said well I know who my friends are! now I think Angryboat owner has had a fair Crack of the whip as far as saying his bit is concerned and could well damage Matts chances of claiming the record should he chose to pursue his Vendetta but look at the trollish type mannor that the the allegation was made and look at the straight down the line matter of fact way it was dealt with it.Take a leap of faith you know who's right .

Angry boat owner I would ask you now you have said your piece let this drop this forum is a place for freinds to meet not a sounding board for Petty greivances.I doubt if you will listen though,having said that carry on and wear out your welcome all the same, and we can settle back down to being a group of mates who enjoy talking and fishing .

Edited by five bellies

انا آكل كل الفطائر