Hello

Mr Bump

I would personal go for the top one. Seems good for the money pal, anybody know what these rods are like?? i have had a little play with them but nothing major.

Edited by matty49
mysig333323dj5.jpg

Which ones Matty???? Fox or Greys?

Go for the Greys, they have excellent custyomer service should anything go wrong. I broke my Greys spod rod by allowing it to drop onto a ceramic tiled floor, the bottom ring lining shattered. I posted it back and 2 days later they had a replacement with me. Lifetime guarantee, £25 paid as it was my fault.

I have used the Greys Prodigy's now for the last 2 years or so and cannot fault them.

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Once you start getting up to that price,you might aswell pay a bit more and get Greys Prodigy's with a lifetime warranty and a far better rod all round.

That's the trouble, shop around, find a bargain for 50 quid (rrp 1 hundred quid :rolleyes: ) and then think if I spend 60, only 10 quid more after all, I can get this one that has an rrp of 2 hundred quid :unsure:

Think I'll go for the Climax/Wychwood kit, or it'll be the closed season again before I've decided :D

Thanks for all the advice so far :clap2:

There's more to going fishing than catching fish.

That's the trouble, shop around, find a bargain for 50 quid (rrp 1 hundred quid :rolleyes: ) and then think if I spend 60, only 10 quid more after all, I can get this one that has an rrp of 2 hundred quid.

Take no notice of rrp, this is a marketing dodge to persuade you that you are getting a bargain. It's the same with 'worth £xyz', it isn't worth anything if nobody wants it.

Pete

That's the trouble, shop around, find a bargain for 50 quid (rrp 1 hundred quid :rolleyes: ) and then think if I spend 60, only 10 quid more after all, I can get this one that has an rrp of 2 hundred quid :unsure:

Think I'll go for the Climax/Wychwood kit, or it'll be the closed season again before I've decided :D

Thanks for all the advice so far :clap2:

Sure you will be happy with this set up mate.

Then you can save your money up and upgrade another time if you feel the need.

When I first set, I started with a pair of JRC Skyliner's and a pair of £29 cheap baitrunners, then eventualy ended up with 4 Greys X Flites 3lb TC and 4 Shimano 10000 XTE's.

This time, when I set up again, I got the Wychwood set up and now have 4 Grey's Prodigy's 2 3/4lb TC with 4 Shimano 8000GTE-B's.

So after having to set up all my gear twice and then upgrade at a later date when I could afford it, I have just one thing to say about it all, I never caught any more or any better/bigger fish on any of them, it was all the same, because at the end of the day, it's about bait/presentation, you can have the most expensive rods and reels in the world, but they won't catch you much, if at all, if your rigs/hooks/bait and presentation etc, are rubish.

Mind you after having a few days away on the bank, if you catch a fish, it's a bonus, it's all about enjoying it, so get out there and have some fun with that new gear mate. :thumbs:

Edited by trevor2003

Sure you will be happy with this set up mate.

Then you can save your money up and upgrade another time if you feel the need.

When I first set, I started with a pair of JRC Skyliner's and a pair of £29 cheap baitrunners, then eventualy ended up with 4 Greys X Flites 3lb TC and 4 Shimano 10000 XTE's.

This time, when I set up again, I got the Wychwood set up and now have 4 Grey's Prodigy's 2 3/4lb TC with 4 Shimano 8000GTE-B's.

So after having to set up all my gear twice and then upgrade at a later date when I could afford it, I have just one thing to say about it all, I never caught any more or any better/bigger fish on any of them, it was all the same, because at the end of the day, it's about bait/presentation, you can have the most expensive rods and reels in the world, but they won't catch you much, if at all, if your rigs/hooks/bait and presentation etc, are rubish.

Mind you after having a few days away on the bank, if you catch a fish, it's a bonus, it's all about enjoying it, so get out there and have some fun with that new gear mate. :thumbs:

I have sort of done the same over the years, upgrading my tackle ,bit by bit it'll all change eventually.

I sell my stuff on a well known auction website and use the money to put towards the new gear.

You can get a really good price for you tackle , nearly as much as you paid for it ( especially if you purchased it in a sale).

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.