Thinking about starting carp fishing

Errrm

Hi,

I'm thinking about starting fishing for carp properly i.e. pods, alarms, night fishing etc after about 11 years of course fishing experience, but I'm still curious at the moment. What do you do while not actively fishing? Is it frowned upon to take alcohol with you for the evenings? There are what I would define as 2 seperate carp venues near where I live the first being the typical commercial fisheries that also have specimen pools and the second is a place like Willesley near ashby which sounds more interesting than something crammed full of fish, or would Willesley be the same sort of artifical venue? I guess what I'm asking is if going by myself for 2 day sessions what sort of things should I think about using to keep myself entertained during slow times, and which sorts of venues are more interesting?

It's worth noting that I would much prefer to fish somewhere which is picturesque with good wildlife then somewhere built in a complex to stuff full of fish.... if that makes sense :-). Also I'm estimating that I would need to spend around £250 for a good carp starter set + additonal stuff like large net, tent, unhooking mat etc so are the carp sets any good, and is this an acurate estimate?

Thanks for any advice.

Errrm

Hi,

I'm thinking about starting fishing for carp properly i.e. pods, alarms, night fishing etc after about 11 years of course fishing experience, but I'm still curious at the moment. What do you do while not actively fishing? Is it frowned upon to take alcohol with you for the evenings? There are what I would define as 2 seperate carp venues near where I live the first being the typical commercial fisheries that also have specimen pools and the second is a place like Willesley near ashby which sounds more interesting than something crammed full of fish, or would Willesley be the same sort of artifical venue? I guess what I'm asking is if going by myself for 2 day sessions what sort of things should I think about using to keep myself entertained during slow times, and which sorts of venues are more interesting?

It's worth noting that I would much prefer to fish somewhere which is picturesque with good wildlife then somewhere built in a complex to stuff full of fish.... if that makes sense :-). Also I'm estimating that I would need to spend around £250 for a good carp starter set + additonal stuff like large net, tent, unhooking mat etc so are the carp sets any good, and is this an acurate estimate?

Thanks for any advice.

Errrm

Have a look at the Hello thread on here and some further back about set up's.

You will get a set up for £250, I did a while back from climax with the Basic Whychwood 2 rod set up, JRC landing net and sling mat and some bits and pieces for a full set up, including a Daiwa mission 100 litre rucksack and rod quiver for £250.

I have a beer in the evening, but remember safety, all things in moderation and you don't want to be sleeping through them alarms screaming in the night. :headhurt:

Hi,

Thanks for any advice.

Errrm

The time will fly by , I listen to the radio, read, make tea, cook food, watch the wildlife. etc . etc.

Take binoculars and a radio ,thats enough for me . I can honestly say that I never get bored. No matter how long the session.

Packing up time comes too quickly for me !

Non fishing friends often ask " what do you do all day , don't you get bored ?"

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Watch TV, Lissen To The Radio, Watch DVD's, Read, Sleep, Lye There And Just Relax, Theres More Things To Do Then You Think. Carp Fishing Is The Way Forward. I Myself Come From Course Fishing Scene And Remember The Day When I Got Hooked On Carp Fishing, Never Have Regretted it :thumbs:

Edited by matty49
mysig333323dj5.jpg