WYCHWOOD rods

matty49

Orite guys,

I like a few people on these forums are looking for new kit without spending thousands. I see someone else posted about these rods, i gave them a look and for what you get, and everything else and it seems a nice professional set up.

http://www.climaxtackle.com/wychwood/delux...od_carp_set.htm

Can someone tell me the ups, the downs, whats good/ whats bad about these rods/reels. Im going to be buying a new setup , most proberly one these ones on Wednesday so if someone can give some feedback a.s.a.p you'll be a star <_<

Matty :thumbs:

Edited by matty49
mysig333323dj5.jpg

Hi Matty

Looks like a lot of kit for the money. My son and I also wanted to do some carping without breaking the bank, so, I've got 2 Wychwood Rogue mk2's 2.75lb, and my boy has 2 Fox Warriors 2.75lb. Nothing to choose between them, except the price - £30 each for the Wychwoods and £50 each for the Fox's. Very happy with the Wychwoods, and well worth £30 each.

Hi Matty

Looks like a lot of kit for the money. My son and I also wanted to do some carping without breaking the bank, so, I've got 2 Wychwood Rogue mk2's 2.75lb, and my boy has 2 Fox Warriors 2.75lb. Nothing to choose between them, except the price - £30 each for the Wychwoods and £50 each for the Fox's. Very happy with the Wychwoods, and well worth £30 each.

Orite guys,

I like a few people on these forums are looking for new kit without spending thousands. I see someone else posted about these rods, i gave them a look and for what you get, and everything else and it seems a nice professional set up.

http://www.climaxtackle.com/wychwood/delux...od_carp_set.htm

Can someone tell me the ups, the downs, whats good/ whats bad about these rods/reels. Im going to be buying a new setup , most proberly one these ones on Wednesday so if someone can give some feedback a.s.a.p you'll be a star <_<

Matty :thumbs:

Look at the other thread (Hello) Matty, as we mentioned this set up, it is a good all round deal and hard to beat for the price and quality.

Edited by trevor2003

Brilliant :)

Why we are at it and instead of making another post. Im after a new decent bed and a fishing chair, around the 30-50 pound mark.

Chair wise i see this:

http://www.fishingwarehouseshop.co.uk/prod...products_id/162

And might sound silly but i found a decent prise bed on argos beilive it or not. Some of you may laugh but im not willing to spend a fortune on a bed because anything is better then the one i got. Aslong as its gunna keep me off the floor and give me some comfort without spending loads then it will do me fine:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3250383.htm

Edited by matty49
mysig333323dj5.jpg

Brilliant :)

Why we are at it and instead of making another post. Im after a new decent bed and a fishing chair, around the 30-50 pound mark.

Chair wise i see this:

http://www.fishingwarehouseshop.co.uk/prod...products_id/162

And might sound silly but i found a decent prise bed on argos beilive it or not. Some of you may laugh but im not willing to spend a fortune on a bed because anything is better then the one i got. Aslong as its gunna keep me off the floor and give me some comfort without spending loads then it will do me fine:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3250383.htm

The fox chair is ok, but don't know about the bedchair, as havn't actually seen one, a lot depends on your weight and height, if your 24 stone and 6 foot 7 tall, it might not be that good for you, if your average height and size it should be ok, but if you use it every week end, might not last as long as a JRC etc, but should keep you going till you can afford better. I started off a few years back with a Nash Outlaw bedchair for about £50 and they were a good bit of kit for a cheap end of the range bedchair and lasted well.

Edited by trevor2003

Matty, personally I would go the extra £20 and get myself a 3 leg bedchair. The two leg ones are so cheap and being sold by Argos because of that simple fact!! THEY ARE CHEAP!!!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Matty, personally I would go the extra £20 and get myself a 3 leg bedchair. The two leg ones are so cheap and being sold by Argos because of that simple fact!! THEY ARE CHEAP!!!!

I have fallen back on a 2 legged bedchair before and missed a screaming run in the middle of the night. I agree , get a 3 legged version if you can , much more stable.

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Any recomendations on a 3 legged bed then guys without spending silly money.

a lot depends on your weight and height, if your 24 stone and 6 foot 7 tall,

Im 5"11 and about 11 stone hehe.

mysig333323dj5.jpg