Chesil Beach

Elton

Posted on behalf of Jon. Please add all replies to this thread:

Hi!

I am new to fishing(40 yrs old) and have 4 kids all quite young. We live near Chisel Beach Dorset and want to start fishing. We have tried a beginers/childrens rod etc which was fun but pretty useless...can anyone recommend a set or combination of products to get us started? What accessories do we need? I like the idea of a telescopic rod for convenience but if this not as good as a 2 or 3 piece rod then perhaps I can put up with it. How long a rod do I need?. I am not too worried about the cosmetic looks and am happy to spend about £40 to £50 all in.

Any advice would be welcome, Oh! and perhaps a very simple book on beach/coast fishing.

Can you help?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Posted on behalf of Jon. Please add all replies to this thread:

If your looking for say 50 quid per kid per set up then there are good starter kits out there ,,,,but if you are looking at 50 quid to kit the 4 of them out ..then i think you will struggle ...

As for the books ,,go try the local library first ,, or better still go down & watch & ask ,,most blokes if they know you & your kids are interested ,,they will help you ,. see yu ,,rich,

Edited by groyne bandit

Ime off to yak skoool,,,,,,no more overruns to get out there,,,,

If your looking for say 50 quid per kid per set up then there are good starter kits out there ,,,,but if you are looking at 50 quid to kit the 4 of them out ..then i think you will struggle ...

As for the books ,,go try the local library first ,, or better still go down & watch & ask ,,most blokes if they know you & your kids are interested ,,they will help you ,. see yu ,,rich,

try fishing the stone pier in weymouth its safer with young family in tow

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

try fishing the stone pier in weymouth its safer with young family in tow

:clap2: Just heard on the radio that an angler is missing from the beach at Chesil and an air sea rescue has been called. I hope they find him alive. :schmoll:

:clap2: Shakespeare do the Firebird kit for about £10, good starter for kids, a bloke had a big bass on one a few years ago at Weymouth. :clap2: