Help wanted to identify/research fly reel antique?

traindriver

Hi Folks, this is my first post. I am hoping someone can help me research this old reel.

It has engraved : G Little & Co Makers 63 Haymarket London, it is brass and Bakerlite, 3 3/4 inches diameter 1 1/2 inches line depth.

I have tried surfing for old manufacturers without success.

Any help will be thankfully rec'd

Thanks

Hi Folks, this is my first post. I am hoping someone can help me research this old reel.

It has engraved : G Little & Co Makers 63 Haymarket London, it is brass and Bakerlite, 3 3/4 inches diameter 1 1/2 inches line depth.

Thanks

I can't find out anything about the reel, but did manage to find another address. The Fetter Lane address goes back to the 1800s

G. Little & co. makers to the Prince of Wales 15 Fetter lane London

G.Little & Co Makers to HRH Prince of Wales. 63 Haymarket London

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Thanks

Hello mate I have found a couple of references regarding the manufacturer and a simmilar reel :

REEL: A scarce G. Little & Co., 3” all brass brake reel, the raised revolving face plate with exposed rim used for finger breaking, neatly engraved “G. Little & Co., Maker's to HRH prince of Wales, 15 Fetter Lane, London” smooth constant check, black horn handle, block foot, retaining most original finish. 150/250

the Auction houses valuer mullockmadeley@btinternet.com may be able to give you some guidence. :thumbs:

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

• 2 years later...
Hello mate I have found a couple of references regarding the manufacturer and a simmilar reel :

REEL: A scarce G. Little & Co., 3” all brass brake reel, the raised revolving face plate with exposed rim used for finger breaking, neatly engraved “G. Little & Co., Maker's to HRH prince of Wales, 15 Fetter Lane, London” smooth constant check, black horn handle, block foot, retaining most original finish. 150/250

the Auction houses valuer mullockmadeley@btinternet.com may be able to give you some guidence. :thumbs:

Hi, My names steve,and i only found this website trying to research my G.Little & co reel.Ifound my reel on a website called "The great english outdoors based in Herefordshire.I also found the original catalogue/book the reels are published in from 1879.Try internet archive by google,G.little & co,fishing rod and tackle manafactures.They have coppied the catalogue .My reel is on sale for £250.00 , but is in better condition than theirs.

Hi, My names steve,and i only found this website trying to research my G.Little & co reel.Ifound my reel on a website called "The great english outdoors based in Herefordshire.I also found the original catalogue/book the reels are published in from 1879.Try internet archive by google,G.little & co,fishing rod and tackle manafactures.They have coppied the catalogue .My reel is on sale for £250.00 , but is in better condition than theirs.