Is there any such thing as a rod extension?

PH

OK, OK don’t laugh (too hard anyway) with the obvious innuendo .

I’ve got a 10ft rod, it’s a 2 piece, but it wouldn’t be much use for beach casting. If I got a 2ft to 3ft extension that would fit between the 2 sections, this could give me the extra distance without having to go to the expense of buying a new rod. Has anyone hear of anything like this?

Hi PH, I haven't heard of such a thing, I dont think your rod would be suitable even if you could get an extension made for it. Why dont you get yourself to a car boot and see what you can pick up,last week I managed to pick up a Daiwa Moonraker for £8 and 2 boat rods a beachcaster and a box of tackle for £12.

All the best

Norrie :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Norrie:

Why dont you get yourself to a car boot and see what you can pick up,last week I managed to pick up a Daiwa Moonraker for £8 and 2 boat rods a beachcaster and a box of tackle for £12.

BUT BE PREPARED TO BE BUYING STOLEN PROPERTY!!!

Most of the stuff that I had stolen, probably ended up in a car-boot sale according to the police.

Jim Roper

http://www.searchlineuk.com/FishList.htm

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Yeah, it's probably just wishful thinking? Just looking for a cheap solution other than having to go our a buy a new rod. Hard to justify the investment especially when you're not catching much of late. I'll just have to do.

And as for car boot sales, I never really thought about that. But you have to wonder where they get their stuff they sell for practically nothing. A Methodist church near where I live has regular car boot sales. They should be trust worthy enough, shouldn't they? Or I could always try the buy 'n' sell papers.

Hiya, The car boot I frequent is I think OK, as they take car reg no's etc, also it is nearly always the same people there that are selling every week. In fact I sell there once in a while, I get my stuff by hoarding rubbish in my shed for a while ,then every 4 or 5 months I will load up the car. I dont doubt that there is a lot of stolen stuff at some car boots, in fact I was visiting one (a big one) in Glasgow a year or so ago and had my car broken into, the police had it on cctv and my tool box was taken into the same place. But, I think with a bit of care and attention you will be allright.

All the best

Norrie.

PS why dont you advertise on the wanted/for sale forum, someone is sure to have a cheap rod for sale. :)

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

A rod extension of a couple of foot? It would have to have compatibility at both ends, plus keep in line with the through action of the rod?

That`s more than any rod is worth?

`Last years`models, are always on offer cheap. A complete outfit might cost between £60 - £120?

Why not put an addy on the wanted and auction page?

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!