Spurdog

conger conger

Myself, Guy(guyfulla) and Gordon, left home saruday morning, via Seewoo and Clydebank or some bait, where we bumped into Bmac. (hope your match goes well in arbroath today billy). After that it as off to feather some fresh mackerel. Which was done in jig time.

That was the bait situation completely sorted - Now we were off to do some proper fishing. We arrived at our chosen destination to find a mark offering some shelter for our afternoon session The afternoon session went well with some mini speies keeping us amused with plenty of whiting, codling, grey gurnards, and a SS sea scorpion and a small spurdog for me.

We were met at our next mark by the tacks' (tack4 and little tack) good to meet you both. Also meeting us on our chosen mark for the night was a hooly of a wind and torrential rain - however we were here to fish. First fish came to me, I put big bait out as far as possible and I thing I must've hit the fish on the head, The rod was on the tripod less than three minutes and the rod was being dragged seawards. After a good scrap I got a new PB, A cracking Spur 11lb 10oz (and in daylight). Could we be on for a red letter day????

Next fish Came to little tack4 who caught his first surdog on some orrowed tackle, I'm sure he will be posting the picture soon! Well done Little tack.

I was soon up again with another decent fish. brought to the scales this one hit the bar at 9lb 8oz. It seemed I could do nothing wrong this trip. Not that I was complaning. Next fish came on Gordons rod after a spirited fight he brought a lovely Spur to the Scales at 10lb 9oz. I know that fish has been a long time in coming for Gordon, whose been targetting a shore double for years. Big congrats.

Next up - Me again! I had two more spurs in quick sucession, first one a smaller fish around the 7lb mark an aonther close close double going 9lb 11oz. Gordon also got in on the near doubles with a 9lb 10oz. This was fishing at its best.

Guy was having a torrid time on this mark, which has been a bogey mark for him over the years, However he was carrying on regardless, theres something addictive about seeing good fish coming to the shore like that - it's what keeps us fishing!

I hit a serious fish next cast! This fish was showing me the value of the drag on the penn 525 mag reels as it took more and more line off the reel. However after around 10/15 mins I brought the biggest fish of the session to the scales, smashin my recently set PB. The fish went 13lb 3oz and I was exstatic - what a beautiful fish. Guy broke his duck soon after with two spurs one 6lber and one 8.5 lber.. Two fish that were definately deserved....

I had two more spurs between 6 and 8lb as the night drew to a close, as did gordon. As we reached the last of the ebb the fishing slowed and the weather accelerated so we headed for home, soaked through and giggling like big girls from the session we'd just had.

Worth noting that all he female spurs had just pupped, so the fish could have been even bigger had they still been gravid.

All in All a fantastic session.

We're off piking tomorrow for a couple of days before heading down to drummore for the weekend.. further reports to follow!

We're gonna need a bigger boat!

Myself, Guy(guyfulla) and Gordon, left home saruday morning, via Seewoo and Clydebank or some bait, where we bumped into Bmac. (hope your match goes well in arbroath today billy). After that it as off to feather some fresh mackerel. Which was done in jig time.

That was the bait situation completely sorted - Now we were off to do some proper fishing. We arrived at our chosen destination to find a mark offering some shelter for our afternoon session The afternoon session went well with some mini speies keeping us amused with plenty of whiting, codling, grey gurnards, and a SS sea scorpion and a small spurdog for me.

We were met at our next mark by the tacks' (tack4 and little tack) good to meet you both. Also meeting us on our chosen mark for the night was a hooly of a wind and torrential rain - however we were here to fish. First fish came to me, I put big bait out as far as possible and I thing I must've hit the fish on the head, The rod was on the tripod less than three minutes and the rod was being dragged seawards. After a good scrap I got a new PB, A cracking Spur 11lb 10oz (and in daylight). Could we be on for a red letter day????

Next fish Came to little tack4 who caught his first surdog on some orrowed tackle, I'm sure he will be posting the picture soon! Well done Little tack.

I was soon up again with another decent fish. brought to the scales this one hit the bar at 9lb 8oz. It seemed I could do nothing wrong this trip. Not that I was complaning. Next fish came on Gordons rod after a spirited fight he brought a lovely Spur to the Scales at 10lb 9oz. I know that fish has been a long time in coming for Gordon, whose been targetting a shore double for years. Big congrats.

Next up - Me again! I had two more spurs in quick sucession, first one a smaller fish around the 7lb mark an aonther close close double going 9lb 11oz. Gordon also got in on the near doubles with a 9lb 10oz. This was fishing at its best.

Guy was having a torrid time on this mark, which has been a bogey mark for him over the years, However he was carrying on regardless, theres something addictive about seeing good fish coming to the shore like that - it's what keeps us fishing!

I hit a serious fish next cast! This fish was showing me the value of the drag on the penn 525 mag reels as it took more and more line off the reel. However after around 10/15 mins I brought the biggest fish of the session to the scales, smashin my recently set PB. The fish went 13lb 3oz and I was exstatic - what a beautiful fish. Guy broke his duck soon after with two spurs one 6lber and one 8.5 lber.. Two fish that were definately deserved....

I had two more spurs between 6 and 8lb as the night drew to a close, as did gordon. As we reached the last of the ebb the fishing slowed and the weather accelerated so we headed for home, soaked through and giggling like big girls from the session we'd just had.

Worth noting that all he female spurs had just pupped, so the fish could have been even bigger had they still been gravid.

We're off piking tomorrow for a couple of days before heading down to drummore for the weekend.. further reports to follow!

Davy, Crackin report mate...well done to you all, (incl Guy :thumbs: ) for getting some really good fish...:):)

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Good report mate what a session ,

I am out on Saterday ( Dogfish beware )

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!