help i'm new

moonbream

:unsure:

Hi to all, i have been reading alot of the forums and now need some help!! i am a mum of four with a 9 year old very keen to get into fishing but i have no CLUE!

We live in a seaside town with a great beach ( mostly rock and pebbles) and i thought this might be a good place to start him off, however i have no idea about rods, reel, bait etc can someone give me some advice?

P.S i have read the note regarding mack and putting back what you need or want to eat but i am unclear on how you shake em off?

moonbream :unsure:

:unsure:

Hi to all, i have been reading alot of the forums and now need some help!! i am a mum of four with a 9 year old very keen to get into fishing but i have no CLUE!

We live in a seaside town with a great beach ( mostly rock and pebbles) and i thought this might be a good place to start him off, however i have no idea about rods, reel, bait etc can someone give me some advice?

P.S i have read the note regarding mack and putting back what you need or want to eat but i am unclear on how you shake em off?

moonbream :unsure:

Welcome, moonbream.

Contact a local club,

some of them have a juniors section and poeple who are prepared to spend time with young anglers, What area do you live in?

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

hi, welcome to anglersnet net.

what i would recommend is going down to your local fishing shop if theres one close buy and tell him your situation that your son wants to start fishing, if he wants to fish for mackerel then let the guy in the fishing store know that, but what i would recommend is maybe a rod suitable for beach fishing and maybe fishing from a pier, then that way you can use that kind of rod to fish for any kind of fish, some fishing shops do some good deals on beachcaster rods, like down here in newcastle my local store does some good deals on shakespear rods, its like £35 for a rod and reel, weights and hooks are cheap, then all you need is some bait then your sorted really,

but like i said just go down to your local fishing store and tell them your situation and im sure they would be more than happy to help

PB Mirror Carp: 10lb 7oz

PB Common Carp: 7lb 7oz

Hi Five Bellies

thanks for that i did'nt think about a club good idea :thumbs:

we live on the south coast, near the harbour of Newhaven and beachy head. great place to live :rolleyes: I have taken kids prawning and shrimping as i have my fathers nets and the rock pools are fantastic. I just need to start my rod and reel career!!!

moonbream

hi, welcome to anglersnet net.

what i would recommend is going down to your local fishing shop if theres one close buy and tell him your situation that your son wants to start fishing, if he wants to fish for mackerel then let the guy in the fishing store know that, but what i would recommend is maybe a rod suitable for beach fishing and maybe fishing from a pier, then that way you can use that kind of rod to fish for any kind of fish, some fishing shops do some good deals on beachcaster rods, like down here in newcastle my local store does some good deals on shakespear rods, its like £35 for a rod and reel, weights and hooks are cheap, then all you need is some bait then your sorted really,

but like i said just go down to your local fishing store and tell them your situation and im sure they would be more than happy to help

Cheers Henda11

i have done a quick search and found two tackle shops locally i will check em out :thumbs:

we live on the south coast next to the harbour town of newhaven (east Sussex). in between Eastbourne and Brighton.

Newhaven harbour wall strait down the wall with a lug worm and a strip of squid you will catch little pollock and pout all day fun when your 9

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!