The penny has dropped . . . ?

Sutton Warrior

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite sure of this, but what screen resolution have you set for the PC ?....forget that, nothing to do with it :)

Are you sure you had the camera set to take the pics at 10mpx ?

My Nikon seems to display all pics at 8mpx at a dpi of 300, the Olympus at 3mpx displays at 72dpi....does this help?

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

It has to be consesded that modern technology has narowed the gap to little more than a crack?

Sounds like a challenge. A straight shoot-out on zoom, wide, macro, flash and most importantly sharpness and noise (lack of). My prediction is that the 'gap', will soon become a chasm.

I'm thinking, Coke can at 25m 100% crop, 2 cans in frame 2m apart minimum distance possible, 1m, 5m in darkness.

I'm all for defending the DSLR corner in the light of recent 'anorak', 'sad' comments, I don't see the SLR guys laughing at compact users.

The gauntlet has been thrown down.

Edited by Sharkbyte
Comment removed

Do I detect a touch of personal animosity on this thread? :rolleyes:

I thought the Photo' forum was above this type of thing?

John.

[note: it usually is John but on occasion we get a bit of "I don't like you so I don't like anything you have to say" going. I've removed most of it.

We lost some good members forever wheh a fuss like this flared up a few months ago and I'm not anxious to have that happen again.

This response being made on your post since it is neutral and convenient.

Newt]

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John