Now that the dust has settled ..

MrWiggly

... and ruffled feathers are calming down.

---------------------------------------

The photo forum on AN has a well-deserved and envied reputation for the friendliness of its membership, and its lack of conflict. :thumbs:

The recent "disagreements" that emerged on the "Penny Dropped" topic was a surprise to a lot of people, and sad to see. Quite a few members sent me PMs expressing their concern. It was the first time, to my knowledge, that moderators have had to step in to calm things down on this forum.

---------------------------------------------

Photography, for the most part, is an art form. And like all art, what appeals to one person may not appeal to another. It is a highly personal medium. For example .. I like my pictures to have "atmosphere" and to this end I will sometimes intentionally under-expose a shot to attain the effect I want. My wife don't like them .. I do. Personal !! The picture may be technically "wrong" .. but that's the way I like them. Probably a throwback to my black and white developing days.

-----------------------------------------

A membership of this forum spans the whole range of expertise, from advanced and semi-professional members to first timers that are just dipping their toes in the water. Many are seeking and would welcome advice and guidance in order to produce better pictures. Others may react violently to what they consider to be unfair or harsh comments, and take it to a personal level.

This forum has, in the past, adopted a self-imposed "easy" approach in commenting on photographs submitted .. and a relaxed and friendly atmosphere has prevailed as a result. I am sure that we would all like to keep it that way ..

It has recently been suggested that a "Critique & Comment" topic be opened, where members can submit pictures and invite the membership to scrutinise and comment on the picture submitted ..........

---------------------------------------------------------

The proposal is ..

That a "Critique & Comment" topic be opened.

That members who submit pictures to this topic agree that critisism is invited, and opinions may be expressed that they may not agree with.

That the topic be pinned.

That the topic is moderated.

------------------------------

Over to you ...

Wiggly. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by MrWiggly

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Okay, but can I please state in advance that, in my opinion, all of Westie's photos are crap?

However, he does barbecue a mean bit of Halloumi, so I'll still let him come fishing with me (when Sharon lets him).

Ta. :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Okay, but can I please state in advance that, in my opinion, all of Westie's photos are crap?

However, he does barbecue a mean bit of Halloumi, so I'll still let him come fishing with me (when Sharon lets him).

Ta. :D

You found your beer stash again, you Ronan...? ;):lol:

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

Guest Shots for fun

Hello,

As you can see i am a new poster, but i will post my shots as i am eager to get good advice to improve my photography.

When will the thread start.

:thumbs:

Oh I knew I should have looked at that thread :wacko: . Oh well, I think a CC thread would be great. you can count that as a vote from me there Mr W. And Elton, come on fella. Not all of Westies photo's are crap. You do realise he's shooting with a Nikon dont you? so he cant really be totally to blame :D :D .

Cheers.......HB.

rb_getcreative.gif

You can count that as a vote from me there Mr W. And Elton, come on fella. Not all of Westies photo's are crap. You do realise he's shooting with a Nikon dont you? so he cant really be totally to blame :D :D .

Cheers.......HB.

And from me Mr W.

HB - a bad workman simply has to blame his tool. LOL. I can't help being the poor relation to all you Canonites out there.

Can we start up separate Canon users and Nikon users threads and photo comps? I'd like talking to myself and I could win every week. :)

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

where does that leave me with my panasonic, :headhurt: I too think its a good idea,mind you i have often posting asking for comments.... still waiting for you to tell me about the 2 i posted here

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

And from me Mr W.

HB - a bad workman simply has to blame his tool. LOL. I can't help being the poor relation to all you Canonites out there.

Can we start up separate Canon users and Nikon users threads and photo comps? I'd like talking to myself and I could win every week. :)

Hi Westie, looks like I should get my D70s out a bit more often to keep you company mate??? Have a squint at the Sept Practical Photography mag., there is a head to head on the 400D v D40X the picture comparisons are very interesting, to me, typical Canon, Nikon colouring. The new D300 looks a bit special, released August, they will be throwing D80's at us very soon as 200's come down in price, I'm shaping up for an upgrade?

I only use the compact cos my life style dictates flexibility and so often the need to traveling light 'grab the camera and run'. All this 'ppi' stuff has re kindled the 'need for 300ppi'? And now I'm getting the itch for a Sigma 10-20 EX HSM. Wide angle is the big short coming of most compacts, including the 640!

:camera: SW