boilie dips

feelingblue

Hello f-b, welcome to Anglers Net :)

You don't have to use the same flavour dip as the boilies, you can add whatever flavour you want :)

The PVA bags are used to carry loosefeed/groundbait/etc to your selected spot (you can put your hook through the material before casting out or have it inside the bag with your loosefeed). If I'm using boilies, I'll put a smaller version of the ones on my hook into the bag, or cut some up instead.

The important thing to remember is do not use a water-based mix in the pva bag, otherwise you'll find that it dissolves before you've had chance to cast out. Use a dry or and oil-based mix instead.

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Hello f-b, welcome to Anglers Net :)

You don't have to use the same flavour dip as the boilies, you can add whatever flavour you want :)

The PVA bags are used to carry loosefeed/groundbait/etc to your selected spot (you can put your hook through the material before casting out or have it inside the bag with your loosefeed). If I'm using boilies, I'll put a smaller version of the ones on my hook into the bag, or cut some up instead.

The important thing to remember is do not use a water-based mix in the pva bag, otherwise you'll find that it dissolves before you've had chance to cast out. Use a dry or and oil-based mix instead.

thanks mate.

i was told to use a ground bait today. can i buy this already made up or do i have to make it myself.

Feeling blue,

Dont get to concerned about what dips and flavours etc go with which boilies, it makes little difference and carpers alway like to mix and match to find a SECRET combination.

As for your pva bags, fill them with 4 mm halibut pellets with or without groundbait, if you want extra appeal, add as john says an oil based flavour that doesnt melt the pva like water does.

You can buy pellets and groundbait all ready made up from the tackle shop or make them up yourself.

I would also suggest posting your queries on the carp forum as it sounds like thats what your after, and the guys on there will give you some extra little tips to set you on your way.

As zedhead has already stated, you can buy groundbait already mixed from any tackle shop. My best advice is to use the lake/river water to mix it, and make sure you leave it for at least 20 minutes so the water is thoroughly soaked up. Normally if I'm using groundbait it's the first thing I do before I even start to set up my rods....

Also, after 'glugging' your boilie, give it a coating of dry groundbait for a bit of added oomph :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.