fishing darenth complex

in-line

hi all

about 2 months ago i went to fish terrapin lake at darenth fishing complex

i tried all sorts maggots,corn,halibut pellet,trimmed bolie and pop-up(spicy shrimp and prawn)

i had absolutely diddly squat

i decided to talk to some of the regualrs and also some of the people who work at the complex about what baits did work and they all said that almost all of the fish come out on richworth haiwain pineapple freezer bolies

the two people who worked for darenth were very helpful and told me a couple of areas to try my baits but at the end of the day i still hadnt even had any liners

the apparent reason for this was that the terrapins in the lake would steal your bait off the hair and so most of the time you are fishing with no hookbait. although everytime i brought my rig in i still had the bait

i guess the terrapins dont go for the pineapple bolies but i found no indication that a terrapin had had a go at my hook bait either

i was a bit shocked that the fish will only take one make and flavour of bolie

has anyone fished terrapin lake and if so have you had any luck on any other baits appart from haiwain pineapple

cheers

Hi Inline, are the other anglers catching? Don't ask the staff, ask the anglers :)

Take it from there................

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

cheers poledark

i think a couple of fish came out overnight but none juring the day

i just thought it was funny how only one type of bait worked and they just ignored the others

weird <_<

alright mate there will be some baits that will out fish others but very much doubt it will be the only one that works. in my opinion carp will almost eat anything presented to them and quite often the location of the bait will be more important than the bait itself

I have to add that those fish have probably seen everything........what about a PVA bag with sweetcorn and crumb and a short 4" hooklength with a couple of plastic corn on a hair.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

• 2 weeks later...

hello mate.. i had to register just to comment on your question. i fished a day on terrapin the other day, i fished for 5 hours and used dynamite baits source boilies, people told me i wasnt going to catch but everyone blanked and i had an 18lb 8oz common with 1 rod! get your bait into a nice little snag beyond the corner swim and be patient, if your presentation is good and you use a good quality bait you will catch! good luck

Hiya common jon and welcome to AnglersNet.

Nice first post and looking forward to more from you.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

hello mate.. i had to register just to comment on your question. i fished a day on terrapin the other day, i fished for 5 hours and used dynamite baits source boilies, people told me i wasnt going to catch but everyone blanked and i had an 18lb 8oz common with 1 rod! get your bait into a nice little snag beyond the corner swim and be patient, if your presentation is good and you use a good quality bait you will catch! good luck

thank you very much for taking the time to register just to comment :thumbs:

and thank you for sharing your success. i guess this means you just have to get the presentation and the positioning right and if the fish are up for it then they will take the bait

cheers common jon

no worries mate.. glad to help out, just hope your next session is a bit less frustrating and you see a few nice lumps in the net! slightly shave bits off your bait and tip it with a piece of pop up corn or a mag-aligner grub to get a neutral buoyancy and add some visual attraction, i've had success on busy day tickets and tricky syndicates alike with that tactic and im sure it will work for you too!! good luck Jon