Himley Hall

Arcturus

What will you be fishing for and what will you be fishing with?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I've walked around Himley but not fished it. If you are using carp gear then I would definately take a bag full of liquidised bread and fish it through a pva stick as these fish see it as a natural food source. The day I walked around it there were alot of decent sized fish swimming under the ducks waiting for their next meal.

If your fishing for general course fish then I would head for the dam end with sweatcorn and fish under the rod tip for the crucian and tench.

This is the way I would approach it anyway but as I said I havn't fished there yet.

Goodluck

Ant

Effort equals reward!!

I saw a Matt Hayes and Mick Brown 'Great Rod Race' episode filmed here. Don't live anywhere near but it looked nice. They fished on the dam wall (I think) amongst the lillies for crucian carp but ended up catching a bit of everything. I think groundbaiting is banned. They kept it very simple. Float fishing with maggots, luncheon meat etc.

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.

Yes, a large amount of groundbait is banned although I asked the head warden at the Hall and he said that a small amount of groundbait in a feeder is ok. Although I must admit I have never been very successful when I have attempted feeder fishing.

Does that mean we can loosefeed groundbait then or is it just feeder only?

I`ve heard that the bigger roach come out at range from the top half of the dam wall. They`re probably sitting out on the plateau getting big on the boilies.......

Long range feeder and white maggots is the rumoured tactic.

I`l be down there next month, September is for barbel then the roach campaign will start!

Oh, how much is it down there these days?

wolf.gif

Groundbait is only allowed in the feeder no loose groundbait is allowed. I think is was the Great Rod Race (I could be wrong) Matt Hayes stated the same thing which was that a small amount of groundbait could be used in feeders. This prompted me to ask the question; I will see if I can find the response and post it to the forum.

Himley is currently £4.60 for a day ticket (I think this is for two rods) and if you ask the warden he will give you the code to the gate so that parking is free as well.