Where to Fish?

nasher

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nasher, We have a caravan in Perranporth that we use all year, and are also looking for spots to fish ! We are heading down to Marazion on Saturday to fish the back of St Michaels Mount (weather permitting but looks ideal !!!!) where two weeks ago we had a great day (see thread). If you are about on Saturday we will head out at about 11 am returning at 4pm look for two yellow caper anglers, cheers Martin.

When I ask where to fish I don't mean launch spots or exact locations.

What I mean is when I have launched where to go next. So far I have been spinning and trolling along the edge of the rocks and beaches. So far I haven't blanked, but I also haven't caught anything of note.

I have been searching through past threads and found out some useful info on tactics with bait.

But once I have paddled out where to head for, I don't have a fishfinder or GPS yet so cannot locate exact marks or underwater features. So should i just paddle a reasonable distance out, lower my rig and wait or is this likely to result in nothing. Should I anchor in one spot or drift with the tide.

I know this is a bit like asking how long is a piece of string. But any advice would be welcomed.

:unsure:

hi i live in north devon (ilfracombe) and in the summer there is a huge amount of inshore hot spots.

my favourite is going from barricane beach in woolacombe and heading over to mort ho point targeting big bass that are plenty full from may to september good pollock over the pinnacles that lie 100yards from shore. there is the usual supply of bubbling mackeral but these are more of an annoyance.

there is a fairly steep path to barricane as you can see but its managable!

barricane barricane_lge.jpg

mort hoDSCF1492sm.jpg

I usually fish off the north coast off st agnes, mainly for macheral, do some trolling aswell! i know a few marks where to get some nicer fish, but i dont like to go out to far alone!

i also go out on the river fall.. but i wouldnt mind trying porthhousestock, i have heard its a good place!

Wilderness systems Tarpon 120 :)

Porthoustock is a nice place to fish from. There are a lot of rocky outcrops just round from the beach.

I managed 6 pollock(biggest about a pound), a garfish, and a wrasse of about 3 pound.

There were plenty of bass about, I could see them in the water but couldn't get them to take anything. Will hopefully try again soon.