Hayling Island Fishing

Elton

COLDITZ ????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A block of flats which looks like this (around Groyne 23; hence the derived name Stalag 23 when talking of the groyne where I caught 'Clarissa'!) .....

colditz2.jpg

See:

http://www.total-fishing.co.uk/FisheriesVi...3624FD96A342F15

Clarissa?

clarissa.jpg

:rolleyes:

:clap2: I thought Clarissa was the British record common carp of 44lb caught by Richard Walker at Redmire pool and spent the rest of her life in London Zoo. :(

Carpy ... what you on about?

Langstone is a small hamlet near Havant (by the bridge as you come on to the island).

Langstone Harbour separates Portsea Island from Hayling Island.

Langstone Run is a short stretch of water at the Harbour mouth.

Regarding Eastoke (where I live) have a look at:

http://www.total-fishing.co.uk/FisheriesVi...3624FD96A342F15

'Colditz' is to the east and 'Coastguard Lookout' is to the west of the main Eastoke Car Park.

There's a tackle shop in West Town (up Beach Rd from the Fun Fair and left at 'The Barleymow' pub; Paige's Tackle faces you 300m on).

Now the fishing and bait ....

Clean ground over sand from Groynes 30 - 10 going east from the car park. They all fish the same.

HW on Sat 10.10 & 22.27hrs.

Forget the daytime except for mackerel and tiny bream as the sun is going to be shining and the water gin clear.

After dark .... smoothies have gone (except for 'pups'). Your best bet is half a mackerel or head and guts fished 30' out in a quiet groyne away from the Car Park (decent bass).

At distance and using 'match gear' expect the usual miniature bream, schoolies and scad (worm, mackerel and squid).

From now on there's an outside chance of a small codling - these have been showing in matches all year.

Personally, I'm off to Dengemarsh in Kent on Saturday!!!!!!

:fishing:

Thank You HA for a very comprehensive reply. I fished Hayling beach, Eastoke Corner with a friend last Saturday. Baits were Worms (from Paige tackles), Squid and Mackerel. Started at around 7PM and packed up @ midnight. Lots of actions with all 3 rods permanently rattled, but nothing to show for it. We caught some Mackerels and kept 4 each for the pots. Attempted to get amongst the bass with freshly caught mackerel heads with no success. At around midnight, I striked on one of those rattles and caught a bream no bigger than 6 inches on a size 3/0 hook (could not believe it!). It must have been the breams plaguing us all along. Nonetherless, I had a great time and will be back soon for more. I just love the place and hope next time, we'll catch something a little bigger.

Regards

GC

ive fished langstone which is just off hayling island and i use a running ledger with a size 2/0 hook and caught a fair few bass there i was using rag worm

Many thanks Carphead07 for your reply. I certainly look forward to fishing this area in the very near future.

Regards

GC

Glad you had a pleasant evening; now you know why I wrote about South Parade Pier (Sept TSF) and went there again today!

Wait for it (mostly on the float ... carp rod/8lbs line):

22 Garfish to 1-14-0 ( a giant! I ain't kiddin'!)

5 big mackerel and other pollacky bits!

Great fun!

piermack120907.jpg

PS a small sea trout (smolt) was landed on the pier today!

Glad you had a pleasant evening; now you know why I wrote about South Parade Pier (Sept TSF) and went there again today!

Wait for it (mostly on the float ... carp rod/8lbs line):

22 Garfish to 1-14-0 ( a giant! I ain't kiddin'!)

5 big mackerel and other pollacky bits!

Great fun!

piermack120907.jpg

PS a small sea trout (smolt) was landed on the pier today!

:clap2: We'll have to have a session there soon before the gars leave, I love fishing for them. :camera: