Yakitty Yak ~ Welcome back

SeaDooDavid

Hey Bill :thumbs: Me and Prowler were talking about you in Jersey in June, we reckoned you had been abducted by aliens ha ha good to see you are still getting back out on the yak, same thing with me really, apart from my last Jersey trip I have been out no more than 6 times (NOT a lot for me!) but am hoping for a indian summer (yeah right!!) Also been doing some pike fishing and have got into it a bit. Ideal when you cant get out on the sea and the buggers fight like Marlin ha ha especially as the lakes are all on my doorstep

Good to see ya mate :clap2:

SDD~~~~~ :sun:

I agree. Missed you Bill.

There are many things we have to do in life and we can't do them all. So we may as well get the yak out and go fishing instead.

Hi Mark :thumbs:

I managed to get another day pike fishing on Coniston the other day ~ Excellent!!! didn't get them to the boat but had a great fight with one! Unknown size but jeeze did it wriggle ha ha! and another bit the back end off my mackerel! Still amazes me that they take maccies that size (6-8 inch)

I had a shed load of fun in the marina there, behind the boats and near some reeds. I could see a mass of perch below me in 12ft of water and they were dashiing around grabbing minnows that passed by and were totally unphased by my presence!! I dangled a 6" rubber lure (the type with the really wriggly tails) and they were attacking it like mad, grabbing it by the tail but not enough to hook em because the lure was so large! although I did hook one large one and got it to the boat, unhooked it ready for a pic and the git flipped straight back into the water ha ha! FANTASTIC fun and I will be going back soooooon for another go with bait and smaller lures :thumbs:

Superb fun!

SDD~~~~ :sun:

Good man! Perch rock, I love them - really beautiful fish. Try a small spinner. Perch like to hit fast things. Maggots and worms will be taken readily too, just drop down and they'll have them. Glad to see you're practicing for the meet down here in october!

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

Hi SDD.

Cheers me dear.

How is young Prowler and Reece, hope they are both well.

Indian summer would be nice Dave........infact ANY summer would be good lol.

Glad your managing a few trips, six has to be better than Zilch.

Nice to hear your enjoying the Pike fishing, never fished for them myself, but understand they like a scrap.

As for the Alien thing..........ohh chit......got to go mate........the Mother ship has just turned up.

Bill. :thumbs:

I agree. Missed you Bill.

There are many things we have to do in life and we can't do them all. So we may as well get the yak out and go fishing instead.

Hi Mark.

Cheers mate.

Never been too far away always pop in now and again to see how things are going.

Many things to do in life..........now where did I leave that blasted paddle :lol:

Will be trying them boots out again soon with a bit of luck.

Bill. :)

Hi Bill :thumbs: They are both fine as are the rest of that fine family :clap2: Wish I could have got over last week as we intended but our house sitter couldn't make it (not complaining though as they have been fantastic looking after our critters over the years so we owe em big!) We will be back again in June unless we squeeze in a flight again like a previous Novenber!.

Know what you mean about the summer, or lack of! Surely next year we are due a good un??????

All the best mate

SDD~~~~ :sun: