dorado durability

lozz

Hi all am thinking about getting a dorado but am worried about durability. I have a prowler big game and use a sea tug and there are quite a few scratches on the bottom no probs being plastic but with the gel coat finish on the dorado would this be a problem .The big game is just to slow and cumbersome i need a new yak any other suggestions gratefully received.

Hi Lozz.

Its a devil choosing isnt it.

How easy is your loading at home.....i.e. getting the kayak to the car/van and loading, are you likely to bang the kayak about a bit getting her to the car, and then topping her.

Id give some serious thought to the type of ground you have to navigate before a launch.

Also the type of beaches you are likely to launch from the most, or those you are likely to visit, sand, stone/pebbles, small rocks etc.

I like the Fibreglass Kayaks, but its plastic for me, they take a beating, and are easily and fairly cheaply replaced.

If you need more speed ( ease of paddling ) already been said, have a look at the Prowler range, great Kayaks.

Good luck which ever you choose :thumbs:

Bill. :)

you can still get scupper pros, just

but they do fill with water if you weigh a bit

I weigh 13 1/2 stone and it was full :(

bit dissapointed as I was going to get one

Hey Stu :thumbs:

Ditto Moonyakker! Mine is fine for my 13.5 stone too! she sits nicely in the water and takes waves no differently than some of the Prowlers :thumbs:

SDD~~~~ :sun:

Hi codshead still a few maccies about have had a couple of bass loads of small whiting and 2 codling 2 1/2 pound 6 pound lost a huge bass off the mulbery harbor section off littlestone will keep an eye out for meets as most of my launches are from pebble and shingle beaches and that is my biggest concern about getting a dorado