Anchoring

Turbo

Hello , What is the idea of the anchor pulley system ? Being a boat angler , whenever we have anchored it has been from the bow so the boat swings and faces into the tide. I thought this would be the same for a kayak. I haqve searched the previous threads but cannot find the answer, any reasons ? Thanks Martin.

I think the reason is so that you can raise and lower the anchor easily from the centre of the yak, but when you have dropped anchor you can set it to either the front or rear of the yak without having to clamber about and risk tipping.

I have made an anchor trolley but not used it yet, I have made a short one so i will ony anchor to the rear.

For uptide it is far easier to cast back over your shoulder than it is to cast forward, try it some day with a plain lead first. It's also better to fish when anchored from the rear as when the tide is running the fish will more often than not run downtide.

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I