Sailing the Trident

richi

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about foot in mouth :D Stop digging Dave.

To be fair if I was offered a free kayak then I would take it and commit to write a few words and I would imagine that most people would jump at the chance. If you recieve free goods to test then state it openly from the start and there should be no problems.

Yep GB these old sweats know better than to take any notice of me and my cheeky ramblings :thumbs: I can't help myself and anyone that knows me well knows that I mean no harm :rolleyes:

SDD~~~ :sun:

I doubt it Gareth.

this was all expected when the matter of team O.K. was first discussed many months ago

but we're all men and can take it ;)

A Fellow Trident Lover :D

Superb! :thumbs: A guy that can take a joke without flying off the handle, a rare thing these days :thumbs: If Richi was any further laid back he would be flat out :)

Nice one Richi, keep up the good work (and catching the good fish) :clap2:

SDD~~~ :sun:

Thanks Dave,you old wind up you :D

At the end of the day,I'm proud to be associated with O.K.(u.k. ;))and consider it a huge honour as I'm sure Mark and David do to be allowed to trial for them.I'm on my 3rd kayak from Ocean Kayaks and each one has been slightly better (for my purpose)than the last and I see no reason for changing and heaps of reasons not to.

Like many of you kayakfishing has changed my life.

I love the enthuisiasm that the newbies bring to the forum and those first Kayak catch posts are a treat.I'll bet there is a newbie around somewhere now staring at his new Ocean Kayak in anticipation of his first launch this weekend----you know the feeling!

and I for one am very grateful for every time that I have felt that same excitement and I know damn well you lot are too! ;)

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

For the record, My Trident is on long-term loan.

For the record, I was not asked to write a review.

For the record, I am very pleased and very proud to have been given the oportunity to test it out and fit it out.

For the record, as Bucketboy says, there is no difference to being free, loaned or bought in terms of bias or objectivity. I am under no danger of being kneecapped for telling it like it is and would tell it no other way. My review is 100% honest and accurate.

For the record, it is not a patch on my Prowler 15 for yakability (please use as much as possible and publish on paper, I want to invent a word that goes into the OED) but as a seafishing patform it has so many advantages over it that it will be a welcome addition. Knowing as much as possible about it in advance means people can make a more informed decision not to buy, or to buy if they are looking at one - I bought my Prowler without even seeing one let alone trying one, and found little of substance about it online.

For the record, I have, to date spent well over a couple of hundred quid on it, and have some more to spend still. This could have been blown on other things and I owe the joint account 6 months worth of pocket money.

For the record, I am a boring bastard at parties and keep trying to get people to come and have a play on a yak. Like Richi I have organised a meet and intend, if it's a hit, to do them once or twice a year. I have also taken, and offered to take, and will continue to offer to take people out to have a try on MY kayaks that have cost ME money, using MY tackle. For free. I have directed people on the bank to local dealers who sell SOT's and I spend far too much time posting on these forums. I am also a photographer, an author and an occasional journalist and an idle but lucky bastard that spends as much time as possible around the water. How about you?

Edited by Mark Crame

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

For the record, My Trident is on long-term loan.

For the record, I was not asked to write a review.

For the record, I am very pleased and very proud to have been given the oportunity to test it out and fit it out.

For the record, as Bucketboy says, there is no difference to being free, loaned or bought in terms of bias or objectivity. I am under no danger of being kneecapped for telling it like it is and would tell it no other way. My review is 100% honest and accurate.

For the record, it is not a patch on my Prowler 15 for yakability (please use as much as possible and publish on paper, I want to invent a word that goes into the OED) but as a seafishing patform it has so many advantages over it that it will be a welcome addition. Knowing as much as possible about it in advance means people can make a more informed decision not to buy, or to buy if they are looking at one - I bought my Prowler without even seeing one let alone trying one, and found little of substance about it online.

For the record, I have, to date spent well over a couple of hundred quid on it, and have some more to spend still. This could have been blown on other things and I owe the joint account 6 months worth of pocket money.

For the record, I am a boring bastard at parties and keep trying to get people to come and have a play on a yak. Like Richi I have organised a meet and intend, if it's a hit, to do them once or twice a year. I have also taken, and offered to take, and will continue to offer to take people out to have a try on MY kayaks that have cost ME money, using MY tackle. For free. I have directed people on the bank to local dealers who sell SOT's and I spend far too much time posting on these forums. I am also a photographer, an author and an occasional journalist and an idle but lucky bastard that spends as much time as possible around the water. How about you?

Yep, I'm an idle bastard too ;)

Bb

For the record

I am a wind up merchant who can't help himself

For the record

I think the Trident is a great yak for the right job

For the record

If I had half the chance to trial one I would ha ha!

For the record

Lucky for me you lot know me or I would swing at the meets!!

For the record

I Wub you all :wub:

SDD~~~~ :sun: