Increasing preview font size in Outlook

Ian Burrett

Ian, hover the mouse over the line between the Inbox and the preview pane, the mouse pointer changes to two arrows, hold the left mouse button down and you can then move the dividing line to the left to increase the size of the preview pane, or

you could always get glasses :lol:

Edited by Manxman

Have alook at this site Ian, it will help you

http://email.about.com/od/outlooktips/qt/et030105.htm

Hi John

Thanks for your help but i still haven't solved the problem.

Its the font within the preview pane that i wish to enlarge not the preview pane itself. I have enlarged all the other fonts in the message lists etc.

As the link you gave me states getting a bigger monitor doesn't automatically mean bigger fonts

Edited by Ian Burrett

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Surely,it's simply a case of selecting Format | Font from the menu.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

I must admit I can't find Format / Font menu on my toolbar when reading incoming emails in the preview pane. But this will increase the size of fonts in some emails I've just tried it,

Increase the Font Size While Reading Mail in Outlook

To read mail in a larger font in Outlook:

Hold down Ctrl while turning the scroll wheel on your mouse down.

I would also like the default font size to be larger in the preview, it must be an age thing, anyway I'll go a Gooooogling an see whats about

Edited by Manxman

I must admit I can't find Format / Font menu on my toolbar when reading incoming emails in the preview pane. But this will increase the size of fonts in some emails I've just tried it,

Increase the Font Size While Reading Mail in Outlook

To read mail in a larger font in Outlook:

Hold down Ctrl while turning the scroll wheel on your mouse down.

I would also like the default font size to be larger in the preview, it must be an age thing, anyway I'll go a Gooooogling an see whats about

I'm now the second person who didn't read the original request properly. There doesn't seem to be a way of doing that and I doubt if there is, as it depends upon the format that the sender used. I think you would have to alter your screen resolution, which is a bit drastic.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

I'm now the second person who didn't read the original request properly. There doesn't seem to be a way of doing that and I doubt if there is, as it depends upon the format that the sender used. I think you would have to alter your screen resolution, which is a bit drastic.

Thanks for your replies

I have found if you hold the cursor on the grey border on the preview pane and right click a new menu appears which allows you make the font larger, but only as a temporary measure. This returns to the default next time outlook is opened

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...

Faster to hold down the CTRL key while the cursor is within the preview box and roll your mouse wheel. Need to be done for each preview though.

AFAIK there is no universal setting you can change.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President