Beaver info

Wolfie10

:D Great News,

Beavers may be introduced into the UK dont worry though

beacuse beavers dont eat fish, infact they are vegaterians (tricky spelling)

Great News, huh?

Wolfie10

!You Were Wild Once Dont Let Them Tame You!

It is not the 'North American Beaver' which builds big dams; its the 'European Beaver' which used to be native in Britian until the 16th century when they were killed off. but now they are to try and re-introduce them.

The European beaver prefers burrows in river banks as a nesting place, but it will build lodges of piled logs where burrowing is not possible. It builds fewer dams than the North American beaver, and it does so generally in shallow streams to maintain water levels above the entrance to its burrow.

see link--> European Beaver

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Thanks Bold Bear,

But i think they are introducing the european beaver,

but they still wont eat fish,

You must know alot about beaver's.

You may have seen a couple other of my posts as i have seen a couple of yours lol,

Great to hear from you, you are the first to reply to me so thanku very much,

Wolfie10

I actually think it is good news. I'm sure if it is re-introduced it would only happen in remote aress such as the North Of Scotland well out of the way of people..

Considered and calculated re-introductions of once native species can only enrich the country as a whole...

I actually think it is good news. I'm sure if it is re-introduced it would only happen in remote aress such as the North Of Scotland well out of the way of people..

Considered and calculated re-introductions of once native species can only enrich the country as a whole...

Sorry dant, but autum watch says all over the uk, But at least they dont eat fish, and there really cute, watch autumwatch 2night and you may see them, lol

Wolfie10

Absolutely, I agree with Dant.

And if it creates deeper pools on shallow streams when it builds small dams it could provide a welcome habitat for fish etc.

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Old news!!! They were re-introduced into Gloustershire 2 years ago....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/glouces...ire/4380276.stm

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Old news!!! They were re-introduced into Gloustershire 2 years ago....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/glouces...ire/4380276.stm

C.

Yer u r right,

sorry every1,

Wolfie10