NEC Go Fishing Show - Who went?

porker92

I went on saturday, 1st time since 1998 and will definately be going again next year. Didnt find the bargains I was expecting. Was looking for a a pair of shimano 5000gte-b But the cheapest i could find was £84.99 each. I can get them for cheaper than that on the net. I did get a load of leads though.

Surprised that Fox wasnt there. was looking forward to seeing what they had for this year.

Great day out!

Effort equals reward!!

Yes I went with a mate and had a wonderful day, we both bought Dragon Fusion carp rods from Used Tackle for £ 20 each RRP £99 look and feel Great, I also bought a Wychwood Rage Carp Rod really nice. anyway the best bit was having some line tested by Ron Marlow at Berkley, I had bought some Trabaco carp leader line recomended by a Guy from Angling Times at .20 with b/s of 16.85lb Ron tested it on a special line testing machine and it broke at 7.2lb what an eye opener of course the berkley broke at the exact poundage, I know there have been many posts on this subject and there will be many more i'm sure, will definitly be back again next year.