what multiplier?

squibs

I find the Abu Mag ultra smooth, very rarely birdy unlike the 525 Mag which is simply uncontrollable if you turn the magnets off by mistake. both are excellent when set correctly.

If I see you about this weekend ask and you can try an Abu Mag out, normally have one in the car.

Most kind of you to offer.

I was going tonight with my son. Unfortunitly mother nature and Mrs squibs put the kybosh on that what with the storm surge and all that. I reccan (sorry norfolk speak) the fishing should be good, what with the extra water ripping up the seabed, but it's better to be safe. I don't wish to be added to the list of poor souls who get swept out to meet there maker. So chinky and a video for the lad and i tonight.

squibs

Take for need not for greed. A wise old fisherman told me and why should I argue with him?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fanastic response people. My humble thanks to one and all. I'm still torn between the two so it'll have to be down to cost. It'll eather be ebay or as I'm off on a family holiday to the states next year I might be able to pick up a better deal or two over there. Two weeks of Disney. I'll need some fishing or related activity to restore my sanity.

Once again many Thanks.

squibs :1a:

Take for need not for greed. A wise old fisherman told me and why should I argue with him?

Most kind of you to offer.

I was going tonight with my son. Unfortunitly mother nature and Mrs squibs put the kybosh on that what with the storm surge and all that. I reccan (sorry norfolk speak) the fishing should be good, what with the extra water ripping up the seabed, but it's better to be safe. I don't wish to be added to the list of poor souls who get swept out to meet there maker. So chinky and a video for the lad and i tonight.

squibs

:clap2: A very sensible response. The weather here has churned up the bottom and we#re not in any danger that I know of but I'll leave it until tomorrow, just in case. :)

:clap2: A very sensible response. The weather here has churned up the bottom and we#re not in any danger that I know of but I'll leave it until tomorrow, just in case. :)

I take it that you are in the area then Norm?

squibs

I know it wernt on the starting grid ..but for something easy to use , Diawa 7ht ,the older black model for clean beach work ,wont cost much these days either ,,green abu mags with 1 brake block next best to use ,, penn 525 mags a brilliant stronger reel ,,,but a tad tempermental at times for no reason,, but one little tip ,,,get your casting consistant before you start blaming the reel ,,

Ime off to yak skoool,,,,,,no more overruns to get out there,,,,

I'm off on a family holiday to the states next year I might be able to pick up a better deal or two over there.

Squibs you may have difficulty finding either the Abu 6500 Mag Elite or Penn 525 Mag in the States as the Americans really don't use beachcasting reels like we do here in the UK.