my fishing budget

Darren T

I don't think any of us asked us what kind of fishing you wanted to do ?

Pleasure ?, Carping ? Pike ?

I was surprised at some of the rod suggestions mentioned then I worked out there were two different people asking about rods in this thread.

I've gone from Carping to Course fishing over the last year because I realised I'd rather catch small silvers regularly than wait x hours for that 32lb Carp.

But my in-laws prefer to target those wily monsters.

definatly just for pleasure. i dont get the desire to set up all my gear and go to sleep so that something else can tell me when i have a fish on. isnt half the fun in watching your float or rod tip dip/bend round? i will probably do a bit at some point as my uncle definatly used to be into carping and i can see the appeal of landing a big fish, but not ONLY big fish.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

definatly just for pleasure. i dont get the desire to set up all my gear and go to sleep so that something else can tell me when i have a fish on. isnt half the fun in watching your float or rod tip dip/bend round? i will probably do a bit at some point as my uncle definatly used to be into carping and i can see the appeal of landing a big fish, but not ONLY big fish.

In the past people have generally recommend either a Match Rod or a Avon rod for all round fishing.

I now have a Grauvell Avon and a Shimano Nexave 390FA. Janet has John Wilson Project M Avon and was asking about choosing a new float rod in August on this thread

I found this article on test curves which helpfully explains how each type handles fish.

I still recommend getting a kids starter whip as well, because they're dead cheap, only take a minute to set up and easy to use.

Tony

thanks agian for the input guys, i am continuing to read as many thoiughts on everything i can at the moment!

After another chat with my uncle last night it seems that the shop we would have to go to to get a day ticket for the place he is going to take me is Jack Frost Tackle, which is where i was looking to get my toys from anyway as they look to have a massive stock. so what we are going to do is lend me some of his extensive collection for the day and then pop into the shop in the evening with some wonga ;) With my Uncle there he can guide me away form dodgy gear and gimmicks which will be very useful. hopefuly it'll be sooner rather than later.

i have to say it was quite mild this morning as i left for work at 5:30. pitch black but not freezing biting cold like it has been recently. could we yet have a 30C christmas? :lol: