Crazy Creek III Chair

happymondays

I have been looking at getting a more comfy chair than the bog standard ones that come with your yak's, numb bum syndrome,

I noticed that the guys on Anglers Afloat mention this chair to be quite good, I tried the U.S. site but they quoted me just as much postage as the chair itself plus the tax you would pay here on it also.

Just bought one from H2O Kayaks on Ebay for £36 all in so thought I would share it in case anyone else has been looking to get one, I have searched all over but have found only these to be selling it over here.

Crazy Creek III Kayak Chair

wasn't looking for one but couldn't resist at that price :thumbs:

that is 4 seats now! :headhurt:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

And me :)

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

how much comfier is it than the standard OK seat?

Hi Boom I'm not too sure but it cant be any worse I have been using my unhooking mat for the last 2 month's, which is ok so I guessed this chair would be similar and the Anglers Afloat guys review it here Crazy Creek III Chair

If you can wait I will let you know

Hi Happymondays.

I bought a Crazycreek SOT II seat a year ago. basically the same as the III but without the nice Hawaiian pattern. Has supported my 24 stone frame through the summer without any problem, and it's very comfortable. I put a foot square of router mat (the rubbery sheet with the holes) underneath to stop it sliding and it works fine. If it hold me it'll hold anybody. Hasn't helped to catch any Jersey Bass though !!! Tight Lines.

Hi Happymondays.

I bought a Crazycreek SOT II seat a year ago. basically the same as the III but without the nice Hawaiian pattern. Has supported my 24 stone frame through the summer without any problem, and it's very comfortable. I put a foot square of router mat (the rubbery sheet with the holes) underneath to stop it sliding and it works fine. If it hold me it'll hold anybody. Hasn't helped to catch any Jersey Bass though !!! Tight Lines.

Does it support your lower back ok?

Hi Happymondays.

Hi JA

Yep looking forward to tying the new seat the one that I have bought is just plain black or I hope it is, I envy you being able to fish a place like Jersey spent some few years there but only toward's the end started fishing from the yak, it has to be a Bass Mecca have you tried White Rock?

Hi JA

Yep looking forward to tying the new seat the one that I have bought is just plain black or I hope it is, I envy you being able to fish a place like Jersey spent some few years there but only toward's the end started fishing from the yak, it has to be a Bass Mecca have you tried White Rock?

No Happymondays, I have'nt got to White Rock yet, I've only been yak fishing since last year so I'm still learning. Trying various places at various states of tide to see where the tidal runs are and whats safe, but it's nice just being out on the water. Have tried Ouaisne/St Brelade, Back of Gorey Castle across to St Cath's, Seymour/La Rocque,Le Hocq,and Rice Bowl across to La Collette, trolling plugs and bottom fishing for very little return,but good fun.

And yes Mohican, good back support, as stated 24 stone and 6'4" and it gives me good support.

All the best.