DLAN anyone use it

Gray-Catchpole

Hi all anyone using DLAN, i installed the sysem yesterday, and i must say i have never installed a network system so easy, your home network over your mains power lines, in every room and every power socket in your house, here is a nice animation with all the info you need MAINS SUPPLY NETWORK

i actualy got mine from this site HOMEPLUGS i got the solwise 85m turbo ones, this is as simple as networking gets, just plug it into the wall and that is your network and internet sharing sorted, im well impressed. anyone else using this system.

sorry, sub heading is wrong, should read "direct local area network"

Edited by Gray-Catchpole

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

Hi all anyone using DLAN, i installed the sysem yesterday, and i must say i have never installed a network system so easy, your home network over your mains power lines, in every room and every power socket in your house, here is a nice animation with all the info you need MAINS SUPPLY NETWORK

i actualy got mine from this site HOMEPLUGS i got the solwise 85m turbo ones, this is as simple as networking gets, just plug it into the wall and that is your network and internet sharing sorted, im well impressed. anyone else using this system.

sorry, sub heading is wrong, should read "direct local area network"

It certainly looks the bees knees could have cut out a lot of wiring for me.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

hmmm i wonder how the signal is prevented from going back through the meter and into the grid?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

hmmm i wonder how the signal is prevented from going back through the meter and into the grid?

from the FAQ found HERE

Question:

Is DESpro encryption really secure?

Answer:

Yes, it is! The DESpro encryption of the dLAN devices provides your network with reliable protection from unwanted access. There are two conceivable types of attack that are defeated by the DESpro encryption. A brute force attack could be launched in order to find the key for decrypting the data. In this type of attack, all possible letter and number combinations in the chip are tested. However, given the variety of the keys and a maximum transfer rate between the PC and chip of 100 Mbps (Ethernet interface), a brute force attack of this kind would, on average, take 4,500 years to succeed. Another type of attack would be to intercept encrypted raw data. The encrypted raw data could provide clues to the key, thus allowing access to the unencrypted raw data. In dLAN technology, however, it is not possible to intercept the encrypted raw data from the electrical wiring, as the chip does not send encrypted data directly to the network interface. The signal is both encrypted and immediately modulated in the chip. This means that the attacker would only be able to access the modulated data—but would not be able to do anything with them, as they would not have a way to remodulate the data.

Question:

Can my neighbours eavesdrop on my data? After all, they are connected to the same electrical wiring!

Answer:

We recommend that you always use the device's internal DESpro encryption. Enable it by entering a password other than the factory password; this protects your network from unwanted access.

back

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question:

How secure are my data? Can they be intercepted in any way?

Answer:

We recommend that you always use the device's internal encryption. Enable it by entering a password other than the factory password.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

we'l see how secure it is i bet our far eastern colleagues are cracking it already :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson