April Fool? Or Anti's?

Elton

"If you wouldn't do this to a dog why do it to a fish?"

What kind of logic is that?

Applying the same logic you can make:

"if you wouldn't eat a dog why do it to a fish"

or

"If you'd hit a plate of spaghetti with a hammer why do it to a nail?"

The top photo could well be a fake. I don't see any blood and such a soft part of the mouth would be useless to hook if you were genuinely using a dog like this as bait, the dogs scalp is being pulled back to simulate a wide eyed look and is that a kitchen floor I see in the background?

Anti propaganda or real it's to be utterly condemned.

[ 30. September 2005, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: islander ]

Just seen the video of it! defo not fake, wonder if some sicko did it for a joke and its an isolated incident!

like others have said it dosnt seem the best place to hook it up for fishing! unless the hooks ar going through the gums aswell wich dosnt bare thinking about!

geffaz:

Just seen the video of it! defo not fake...

Oh goody, we now have an expert in the Forensic Analysis of Video and Audio Recordings join our humble little forum...

Welcome aboard Professor :P:D

[Edited to change spelling error]

[ 01. October 2005, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: SandTiger ]

I can just see the PETA logic.

There's a story that may or may not be true.

Get Bardot to condem the practice and hit the press.

Hey, this is making the news, we need evidence !

Think...

Think...

Think...

OK, so if we get a dog and insert some big scary hooks under local anathetic, it's not going to feel any pain. There's no pain so there's no cruelty and the dog is one of thousands that we kill (err.. sory, oh, what's the word.... euthanise, that's it) I mean euthanise every year in any case.

Stupid animal doesn't even look scared so we'll pull back the scalp for the still shots to make it look as if it's in anony - or at least a little suprised.

Great ! Fantastic !

Hey, everyone's a winner - except the dog.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Pathology/biomedical science actually. I've seen things that would make yer hair turn white laddy! (My analysis of your posts suggest you are male) :P

SandTiger:

SandTiger:

Just seen the video of it! defo not fake...

Oh goody, we now have an expert in the Forensic Analysis of Video and Audio Recordings join our humble little forum...

Welcome aboard Professor :P:D

[Edited to change spelling error]

[ 02. October 2005, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: islander ]

i do think ther have been some scary points made as far as peta gose!

i mean for such a large organisation with that much money would dis information be totaly out of the question it happens in other large potentialy militant organisations!

MI6 during the cold war with operation omega (special forces conducting atrocitys in the name of comunism to bend public support)

vlad putin blowing up the tower block in moscow and blaming it on chechen terrorists to justify an invasion (most major leaders were of this opinion)

why couldnt this happen with other smaller organisations?

im mean wot is one dogs discumfort compared to a big swing in public opinion to the fishing being evil!

ok its very dramatic but weirder things have happend at sea!!!

just a thought!

im not sure about the lab but that pup in the paper today just looked like it got snaged on a carlesly spent hook!

i mean how many vets have had to take a barbed hook out of a dog thats been running on the beach! or the living room when sombody has been tidying up the tackle box?

i know my over exuberant boxer has had a few near misses!