Sea Fishing licence.

Cranfield

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello all,this talk of a licence for seafishing goes on and on, I do'nt want to offend anybody but Iv'e seafished 35yrs and every time it's raised it has been by freshwater anglers.their rivers and ponds can be re-stocked and their quarry is more or less captive.all a licence for the sea would provide is a good job with perks for a lot of people.if the goverment was involved it would be the same as other licence fees, road fund licence about 2thirds skimmed off thats billions of pounds,t.v.licence when itv came on the box they said viewing would be free as it would be paid for by adverts, bbc replied it would not go down this road, programs would be funded out of the licence fee,have you noticed the number of adverts on bbc 1&2 and radio they are slowly getting more and more, but no reduction in fee.the gov sold our fishing fleets down the river, why do you think they would treat sea-anglers any different????

Licences are fine if you are going to get a raft of measures pushed through which protect and enhance the freedoms that we currently enjoy as sea anglers. I would happily pay if I thought that this would be a likely outcome. I'm not convinced that this would be the case.

Commercial interests and generations of politicians have treated the Sea as a wilderness to plunder for gain. Years of repeat warnings from the most highly respected marine research establishments have been ignored and the result is crisis. Why should any angler give hard earned cash to a government that is in part responsible for precipitating this current problem?

Fishing the sea with rod and line is at the moment a birthright, a true freedom. Paying a license turns it into a contract that one signs at the Post Office. I, for one am loath to throw away such a rare thing on the uncertain promise of a brighter future.

Get`s very involved, doesn`t it?

Leon. Magna Carta (forgive my spelling) was a sop to peasants. Feel free to forage around our shores. But poach his Lordships salmon or deer and we`ll hang you!

Kieran. Lager, Guiness,Newkybrown louts? I`m sure we know what we`re talking about. The guy that takes 3 trips to his mark to deposit his tackle and refreshments? But only one, back to his motor because he`s left all the litter behind.

Colin. Well I`ve spent a good deal on stamps and online time trying to make `our government` protect our fish stocks. I`m also a life member of the NFSA. It just makes me mad when I hear anglers whingeing in the pub about fishing matters, when I know too well how little they give to our sport.

Last part of my rant. I also have a game fishing license. Just in case I catch a sea trout off a sea fishing boat. I won`t have to hide that fish when I step off the boat.

Threads like this are worthwhile, as long as more people take the opportunity to join an organisation, or take the time to ask the odd awkward question of their MP?

Paul

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

• 3 weeks later...