News from Sweden...

Jan O

Guest tigger
Thats a lovely fish Jan and best of luck on the North Esk its a lovely river. Not that it looks like you need any luck. :thumbs:

Yeaph certainly is a corkin fish. I think I'd carry on fishing in Sweden rather than bother with Scotland lookin at the quality of the fish over there !

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...hello friends. The weather in sweden is slowly getting warmer and the ice is melting... Me and some good friends fished our yearly springweek in Småland and the Baltic... The fishing was poor but just when the depression peaked my friend Linus caught this lovely madame.... 24.25 pounds... what a fish!!! Soon the time for big zander will arrive but first I will visit scotland, North Esk for some salmon fishing the first week in may....

Hi Jan great looking pike, was it caught from a river ? as it looks like a long fit river fish ,similar to ones from the rivers here . I visited Stockholm last year for a pike fishing trip and have to say I was very impresed by the quality of the fishing there, you certainly have some beautiful looking and hard fighting pike in Sweden.

Hi Jan great looking pike, was it caught from a river ? as it looks like a long fit river fish ,similar to ones from the rivers here . I visited Stockholm last year for a pike fishing trip and have to say I was very impresed by the quality of the fishing there, you certainly have some beautiful looking and hard fighting pike in Sweden.

...Hi, this fish was caught in the county of Småland, the Baltic sea. Where in Stockholm did you fish? There are so many wonderful places....

...Hi, this fish was caught in the county of Småland, the Baltic sea. Where in Stockholm did you fish? There are so many wonderful places....

Hi Jan I fished an area near to Dalaro and Tyresta, I thought it was a wonderful area with many tree covered islands and full of wild life . We saw wild deer , eagles and ospreys every day . The fishing was great although it was early in the season and the fish had just spawned. I was lucky enough to catch one over 20, most of the other pike were fairly small but were good sport. Hopefully I will get chance to go back and try again sometime.The season is just really starting here so hopefully there will be some good fishing to be had here soon , have you ever fished in Ireland?

Hi Jan I fished an area near to Dalaro and Tyresta, I thought it was a wonderful area with many tree covered islands and full of wild life . We saw wild deer , eagles and ospreys every day . The fishing was great although it was early in the season and the fish had just spawned. I was lucky enough to catch one over 20, most of the other pike were fairly small but were good sport. Hopefully I will get chance to go back and try again sometime.The season is just really starting here so hopefully there will be some good fishing to be had here soon , have you ever fished in Ireland?

...those are nice places, the stockholm acipelago really is wonderful. Yes, ive been to Ireland in 1993... a long time ago i realize... how time flies. I loved it! Fished the river Blackwater for a week, stayed at Ian Powells place in Ballyduff... I really want to go back. :)

Hi friends, autumn is closing in, very fast now... Big zander is soon to be caught but in the mean time I have been practising my second favourite fishing method, Fly fishing. Couldnt resist sharing a picture from river Em, a wonderful seatrout 8,8 pounds, 28 inches... So beautiful and so seldom caught... at least by me. Im so happy right now.

JanO,

Those are some Beautiful photos and the itch for me to return to Europe is that much Greater! I am still trying to return to Europe and have the oppertunity to fish your waters the next time I am there. Great Fishing is to be Had and I want to get in on the Action!!!! Thank You for the photos and I too look forward to your article!

HOPPY4

HOPPY

JanO,

Those are some Beautiful photos and the itch for me to return to Europe is that much Greater! I am still trying to return to Europe and have the oppertunity to fish your waters the next time I am there. Great Fishing is to be Had and I want to get in on the Action!!!! Thank You for the photos and I too look forward to your article!

HOPPY4

Hi Hoppy, I remember your spectacular fish... what a monster pike... :) Im sure you will do well in sweden too. The article has been written, actually a long time ago... here it is... http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Coarse-Fishing...al_jigging.html

...those are nice places, the stockholm acipelago really is wonderful. Yes, ive been to Ireland in 1993... a long time ago i realize... how time flies. I loved it! Fished the river Blackwater for a week, stayed at Ian Powells place in Ballyduff... I really want to go back. :)

Hi Jan, I have never fished for salmon here in Ireland but I know the Blackwater and the Moy are great salmon rivers . Maybe I will have to try salmon fishing one day as I have never caught a salmon before and I only live a few hours drive away from those great rivers.

The waters I fish are great pike and brown trout waters. Occasionally I catch the large Ferox brown trout here but these are quite rare ,the best I have had was 12lb 4oz.

The pike here are my main target , they fight exceptionally hard and can get quite large.

Though finding them can be quite a challenge on these large waters,so I do quite a bit of trolling to locate them. Do you do much trolling in Sweden or do you cast lures only?