LLANGORSE PIKE TRIP

Martin Hurst

3 great days fishing , although Friday was a tad chilly!! ;D Loads of tales to tell and pleased to say everyone (eventually!!) caught a pike :) Thats all ten of us , with a total catch approaching 35 fish

Highlights for me was a new Pb and I saw a bitern :o.

View down the lake

llangorse.jpg

Darnsarf at anchor

Paulllangorse.jpg

Sundays catch

Pike1.jpg

Pike2.jpg

First fish I caught was a new PB

martinpbhi.jpg

Good fish were also caught by Darnsarf , and StarvinMarvin got a beauty last cast of his trip!!

starvin.jpg

Ok Prowler 13

Nice one it's good to see someones getting out.

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

Well done lads. :thumbs:

Out of interest, how good an account do these Pike give once hooked?

Jon.

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

TBH it varies a lot. I wouldnt say they are the most exciting of captures but the ones I have caught do tend to stay deep with short powerful runs. They get a bit excited when they see the yak! :rolleyes:

Ok Prowler 13

I used to fish Llangorse a lot all through the year. If you want to experience the best the pike have to offer fight wise have a meet in the summer and fish lures or if its still allowed livebaits. In my experience the best fights come from fish 10-15lbs with explosive takes, fast and often airbourne runs, any bigger than this and they rely on their weight and tend to stay deep with steady slow runs. As a word of warning if you hook a big un and you are anchored it will be difficult to land without the a big un going for the rope to tangle you up. We always pulled the anchors up as soon as we hooked a good fish as we used to anchor both ends of the punt and got tangled too many times. Besides that if you were in a wide open space it could be a good feeling to be towed around the lake by a 20lb plus pike

I lost one (a good fish) on the Sunday when at Anchor with GB , did exactly as woot said. Summer however aint clever for us lads as the sea reopens :rolleyes: Llangorse also gets a bit like Cowes week :headhurt:

Ok Prowler 13