pike boom

bok

Hi all

I watched tight lines on sky friday night and they showed you a rig (leger) with a boom.

The boom was a pop up boom looked a bit like a bodied waggler.

does anyone know where these can be bought?

cheers :)

Hi all

I watched tight lines on sky friday night and they showed you a rig (leger) with a boom.

The boom was a pop up boom looked a bit like a bodied waggler.

does anyone know where these can be bought?

cheers :)

HI BOK i think i know the type you mean fox do them think there called ledger stems good where there is weed .try to use them with a popped up bait. can be used in boat fishing eg bottom bouncing caught me some good pike in the past......stubbo..glad to help

HI BOK i think i know the type you mean fox do them think there called ledger stems good where there is weed .try to use them with a popped up bait. can be used in boat fishing eg bottom bouncing caught me some good pike in the past......stubbo..glad to help

Cheers m8 - great help.

:)

Yep...Fox make them and IIRC they're pretty expensive.....designed primarily for keeping your line off the lake bed.

I think with some tubing, swivels glue and cork you could make your own much cheaper

I reckon Neils right but far easier and to my mind more versatile is to simply use a polyball or corkball (more durable) as a ledger stop as shown here-

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Rig-Section/Pi...adbait_Rig.html

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I reckon Neils right but far easier and to my mind more versatile is to simply use a polyball or corkball (more durable) as a ledger stop as shown here-

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Rig-Section/Pi...adbait_Rig.html

CHEERS guys i'm gonna give it a go at making my own - good idea :)

In the meantime i'll use the method budgie sent the link for.

Thanks again

poly ball, cork ball, are you made of money. wine corks and yes the new fangled plstic things they do work just as well plus you get a lovely warm glow after drinking the wine

my current preference is tescos bulgarian merlot at £2.68 a bottle with a clever little cork thats hard plastic outer with a foam interior.

poly ball, cork ball, are you made of money. wine corks and yes the new fangled plstic things they do work just as well plus you get a lovely warm glow after drinking the wine

my current preference is tescos bulgarian merlot at £2.68 a bottle with a clever little cork thats hard plastic outer with a foam interior.

[/quote

:D Bloomin tackle tart! thats what you are Noodle :rolleyes::headhurt: You will be using spark plugs as paternoster weights next!

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Good corks those....just a shame you have to get through that merlot first lol

:D Bloomin tackle tart! thats what you are Noodle :rolleyes::headhurt: You will be using spark plugs as paternoster weights next!

pebbles and duct tape :thumbs: pierce the duct tape then tie a big eff off granny knot tape pebble on and away you go

note dont try this if you intend on casting very far as a pebble in the back of the head may cause moderate pain