Aqua Duvet Style Sleeping Bag

EastAngler

As it's getting to the time of year when the temperatures drop and we all start writing our letters to Santa I thought I'd post a review of this sleeping bag that I have just got.

I wanted a new sleeping bag that was flexible enough to cope with all weathers – a real 4-Season bag. The one I had previously had a permanent fleece liner and was much too hot in the warmer months.

After checking around on the web and reading various reviews I’ve just purchased this bag, in conjunction with the cover and pillow as a package deal from Aqua (£109.99 from http://www.aquaproducts.co.uk/).

First impressions when it arrived were that it looked to be high quality, as you would expect from a company with a good reputation and it is nice and large.

There are two removable fleece liners, one at the top and one at the bottom held in place by Velcro. It’s too early to tell as yet, but in conjunction with the fleece lined cover this should prove flexible enough for my needs.

There are large sleeves at each end to secure onto the bed chair along with a strap in the middle. The sleeves have a nice touch in that there are hook/loop velcro strips attached so that the fit can be adjusted to different size bed chairs.

The pillow is fleece covered on one side so again, colder/warmer weather flexibility built in.

I used it for the first time on Friday night, when according to Metcheck, the temperature was predicted to be about 6/7c overnight. Not ridiculously cold I know but low enough to be uncomfortable without a good sleeping bag.

I didn’t need the cover on, just used it with the two fleece liners, and it kept me very warm all night with a T-shirt on. The zips were nice and smooth and opened quickly when required, and the sleeves and strap kept it firmly secured to the bed chair.

It is very wide and very long so moving around and turning over inside the bag was easy.

You can park near the swims at the lake I was on so I didn’t need to carry the bag attached to the bed chair, but as it quite a slim bag this should be easy enough to do when necessary.

All in all a good deal in my opinion, and a great bag based on the limited use it’s had so far. I haven’t opened the bag right up and removed the fleece liners so I may have missed them, but my only “niggle” is that I couldn’t see any washing or care instructions attached.

I’ll check properly and, if I can’t find any, I’ll email Aqua to get some advice as the last thing I want to do is ruin it by treating it in the wrong way.

Alan

I wouldn't buy a Carp bivvy type sleeping bag in any circumstances, if they were any good they would take them up Everest, or the Army would use them; they don't because they are glorified domestic duvets.

I would have, given a choice, bought the current issue British Army PLCE Sleep System and still had change out of £50.00. I would have also got the bivvy bag option, which is even available in camo.

look here http://www.surplusandadventure.com/ishop/8...hopscr3568.html

Or if you really wanted to push the boat out what about the US Version:

http://www.premiersurplus.co.uk/more/on/details/00277

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

I wouldn't buy a Carp bivvy type sleeping bag in any circumstances, if they were any good they would take them up Everest, or the Army would use them

Tony

I think you'll find you don't actually need an arctic rated bag for your average winter fishing trip. Yes they aren't as good as one you'd use on everest but then again an mountainering type mummy bag would be useless for fishing (and far too damn hot !). Different tools for different jobs.

Rob.

I think you'll find you don't actually need an arctic rated bag for your average winter fishing trip. Yes they aren't as good as one you'd use on everest but then again an mountainering type mummy bag would be useless for fishing (and far too damn hot !). Different tools for different jobs.

Rob.

Rob

That's why I recommended the Military style, for temperate use??? I used to provide technical advice on this to overseas governments and military so I do know what I am on about.

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

I use the first one Tony mentioned above and can highly rate it.

I`ve had the bag for well over 5 years and nothing else in the fishing market comes anywhere near as good as this is imho.

I`ve used this in summer and winter down to -7 and was warm as toast in it.

Plus I only paid 50 quid new

• 11 months later...

That time of year again.....

http://www.carpbargains.co.uk/search/sleeping-bag

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE