Pike trace storage

Jim Murray

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to keep the rigs straight then you can use a peice of thin drain pipe.use a hack saw to cut slits in one end and put the hook over the other end. You can use cardboard tube also.

Most of the pikers round my neck of the woods, keep their traces on the end of 4" of 6lb mono, down the throats of suicidal jack pike.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

hmm that may raise some eybrows!!!!!

what people dont know dont hurt em

life is like a pube on a toilet seat some times you just get **** off

I'm just dishonest. You can always trust an honest man to be dishonest.Honestly, it's the honest man you need to look out for, because you never know when he's going to do something incredibly stupid." - Jack Sparrow

If the bulk of a rig bin is a problem and you don't want to risk bare treble hooks in a pocket, there are plenty of small round food tubs in your local supermarket that will happily accomidate 4 or 5 properly coiled traces without undue risk of tangles and that;d fit snuggly in almost any pocket.

Good suggestion there

My brother uses a smash tin with a piece of pipe lagging inside to wrap the traces round....still bulky but an alternative to paying lots for the real thing.

I can't see that anyone else has suggested it, but why not make your traces in two parts. Mount your trebles on a short 4-6" trace, and have a seperate trace about 15" long which you clip on, So when your hook section gets mangled (as mine do) you unclip the long section and clip on a new short trace.

Saves an awful lot of wire :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

• 1 month later...
I can't see that anyone else has suggested it, but why not make your traces in two parts. Mount your trebles on a short 4-6" trace, and have a seperate trace about 15" long which you clip on, So when your hook section gets mangled (as mine do) you unclip the long section and clip on a new short trace.

Den

Ere that's an idea....well in Den

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

i bought a cheap rig wallet off ebay think it was £6 delivered and its real tree just a case of hooking them on the rail at the top around the pin and back up placing annother pin in the swivel eye its as easy as that

i bought a cheap rig wallet off ebay think it was £6 delivered and its real tree just a case of hooking them on the rail at the top around the pin and back up placing annother pin in the swivel eye its as easy as that

Is this the one:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CAMO-STIFF-RIG-HOOK-...1QQcmdZViewItem

If so, how long is it and is it light? Also is it suitable for pike traces(size 6 trebles)? Looks good :D

Den

I like that one! I'm having to retackle after virtually every fish and making up a new trace there and then, and being newish to piking have yet to buy a trace storage bin or rig board.