Bait Boats?

Chris Goddard

Wanted by a good friend, ANSWERS to a FEW questions!

Would it be an advantage to drop say a LOAD of bait gradually? Say over the space of a couple of Yards??

Would it be an advantage to be able to carry and drop two different types of bait on one trip?

What would be the IDEAL amount of bait to carry weight wise? IE Is 1Kg enough? OR would you prefer a larger capacity given that the overall weight of the boat would also increase??

Would you be interested in a boat which did NOT conform to the "Norm"???? IE was not a boat per se??

The guy who is designing the "BOAT" has a few ideas himself and has built several boats in his time and has even built his own working "Submarine!" His latest venture is a ROWING boat with a WORKING rower!!!

Thanks for looking!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Hi Chris,

I'd have thought that having the option to lay a carpet of bait would be useful, as well as the option to carry separate baits.

Sounds interesting - I hope it makes it into production.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Would it be an advantage to drop say a LOAD of bait gradually? Say over the space of a couple of Yards??

Yes, but have the option to have both gradual and instant release.

Would it be an advantage to be able to carry and drop two different types of bait on one trip?

Most boats do this already as they have 2 independant hoppers

What would be the IDEAL amount of bait to carry weight wise? IE Is 1Kg enough? OR would you prefer a larger capacity given that the overall weight of the boat would also increase??

1-2kg is about right if divided over 2 hoppers.

Would you be interested in a boat which did NOT conform to the "Norm"???? IE was not a boat per se??

Such as??

Such as??

A car.

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Wanted by a good friend, ANSWERS to a FEW questions!

The guy who is designing the "BOAT" has a few ideas himself and has built several boats in his time and has even built his own working "Submarine!" His latest venture is a ROWING boat with a WORKING rower!!!

Thanks for looking!

I would say yes to most of those questions. I always liked the idea of a submerged crocodile head myself might scare the tufftys off aswell as the cormarants

Bind my wounds, And bring me a fresh horse.

Such as??

OK then A Canadian Goose??? !!!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I reckon you remembered seeing this page, Chris:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/News/duck_bait_boat.html

:D

This spring we had a Dutch angler fish our lake armed with what I consider is the best feature I have yet seen on a baitboat. The large (very large) bait compartment at the rear of the boat contained a large screw type device that spread the bait over a wide area. A very expensive boat I must add.

I have found that on waters where bait boats are used widely the carp will start to shy away from little piles of bait and a larger, carpet of bait is usually more succesful. Although we allow baitboats on our lake I always emphasise that all the best catches have come from large beds of pellets with boilies over rather than the smaller baited patches created by baitboats. Best method can be carpet baiting by hand from our boat morning and evening and then topping up with the bait boat throughout the day.

That is just ONE of the ideas my mate has got? An eddison screw BUT over 6 different chambers. He has a controller which will do this and reckons it would be a doddle! But with weight being the only problem. Mind you he is talking about a payload of around 4Kg of bait?? And ballast would not be a problem either? Sort of boat that would need to be brought to the water though I reckon?? IE park right next to the swim?

Chris Goddard

I reckon you remembered seeing this page, Chris:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/News/duck_bait_boat.html

:D

I DO remember that Elton! BUT we are talking something around twice as big!

Chris Goddard