Imax Tripods any thing wrong with them?

squibs

This year Santa left a 7' Imax Tripod with bait tray under the chrimbo tree for me and I was wondering if there are any problems that I should look out for? I'm not too keen on the plastic locking screws. I think brass replacements are the order of the day for them. I would very much like your views, thoughts and ideas on this one. I'm in two minds as to wheather it'll go on ebay unused or not. :P

Tight lines.

squibs

Take for need not for greed. A wise old fisherman told me and why should I argue with him?

if its gor any plastic then get in the shed and fabricate replacement bits out off ally or brass ,plastic has no use in something that could be stressed in any way especially in cold conditions.

my tripod (a gold ;) one) has had most of the plastic parts replaced in shed modifications

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Thanks chesters

Yep! It's got plastic on it. Not what I wished for, chopping things around. I don't see the point after someone has spent good money on it, but hay. Looks like I'll have to knock up something on my laith. Oh by the way mines a nice metalic red one (tripod that is) :bleh:.

Tight lines.

squibs

Take for need not for greed. A wise old fisherman told me and why should I argue with him?