Twin tip rods - pros & cons

Jim Murray

Steve,

I didn't realise the Fledgers were still available, if so what ranges do they make.

Kev

Although I've long since retired one of my former rodbuilders has had some more blanks made up. There are 3 test curves 1-2, 1-4 and 1-6, all of which can be fitted with a quivertip if desired. However I believe the 1-4 tops are out of stock at present.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.reelfishing.co.uk/Drennan-Serie...von-Quiver.html

The Drennan looks very close to what I'm after. The luminous tips sound like a fabulous idea. Although I see what looks like betalight sockets on 2 of those tips....are the luminous ones not that bright then?

The tips on mine are just plain white, but the rod comes with 4 beta-lights, a pair on one of the carbon quiver-tips and a pair on one of the glass ones. I suspect that the ad is just referring to the betas when it says luminous tips (unless Drennan have changed the spec in the last 3 years since I bought mine).

The twin betas are excellent, much better than a single one - I try to position myself so I have them in line then any bite shows by the single light becoming a pair, this shows even small twitches that are easily missed at night with just a single beta.

Will

Edit: I see the link says all tips are glass, mine came with 1.5 + 2oz glass and 2.5 + 3oz carbon, again I suspect that this is still the case and the site has its info wrong. That's a very good price though - IIRC the RRP's more like £130

Edited by Will Wilkinson