Our Commander-In-Chief is doing a GREAT JOB !

Jeff S

Received from a friend and thought I would share.

There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq in January. In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the month of January. That's just one American city, about as deadly as the entire war-torn country of Iraq.

When some claim that President Bush shouldn't have started this war, state the following:

a. FDR led us into World War II.

b. Germany never attacked us; Japan did. From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost an average of 112,500 per year.

c. Truman finished that war and started one in Korea North Korea never attacked us . From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost. An average of 18,334 per year.

d. John F. Kennedy started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us.

e. Johnson turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost .. an average of 5,800 per year.

f. Clinton went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent. Bosnia never attacked us He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

g. In the years since terrorists attacked us, President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Libya , Iran , and, North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.

The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking.

But Wait

It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound.

That was a 51-day operation..

We've been looking for evidence for chemical weapons in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in Florida!!!

Our Commander-In-Chief is doing a GREAT JOB !

The Military morale is high!

The biased media hopes we are too ignorant to realize the facts

But wait!

There's more!

JOHN GLENN (on the Senate floor - January 26, 2004)

Some people still don't understand why military personnel do what they do for a living. This exchange between Senators John Glenn and Senator Howard Metzenbaum is worth reading. Not only is it a pretty impressive impromptu speech, but it's also a good example of one man's explanation of why men and women in the armed services do what they do for a living.

This IS a typical, though sad, example of what some who have never served think of the military.

Senator Metzenbaum (speaking to Senator Glenn): 'How can you run for Senate when you've never held a real job?'

Senator Glenn (D-Ohio):

'I served 23 years in the United States Marine Corps. I served through two wars. I flew 149 missions.

My plane was hit by anti-aircraft fire on 12 different occasions. I was in the space program. It wasn't my checkbook, Howard; it was my life on the line. It was not a nine-to-five job, where I took time off to take the daily cash receipts to the bank.'

'I ask you to go with me . . as I went the other day... to a veteran's hospital and look those men ..

with their mangled bodies in the eye, and tell THEM they didn't hold a job!

You go with me to the Space Program at NASA and go, as I have gone, to the widows and Orphans

of Ed White, Gus Grissom and Roger Chaffee... and you look those kids in the eye and tell them

that their DADS didn't hold a job

You go with me on Memorial Day and you stand in Arlington National Cemetery, where I have more friends buried than I'd like to remember, and you watch those waving flags.

You stand there, and you think about this nation, and you tell ME that those people didn't have a job?

What about you?' For those who don't remember, During W.W.II, Howard Metzenbaum was an attorney representing the Communist Party in the USA

Now he's a Senator!

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

What a well constructed bit of Spin! Worthy of Tony Blair that lot.

Jingoism!

The Detriot example had me thinking whether Michigan should recall there national gaurd from Over seas duty( if thats where they are) and do peace keeping nearer to home it sound like they need it Would that not be a presidential decision?

Reminds me of an old Saying "In the land of the blind a one eyed man is king" A relevant political statement both sides of the pond as far as leaders are concerned.

Reading beetween the lines theres never a Republican in power when real decisions need to be made. two of those interventions spoken of where in the face of genocide, that is an atack on morality and decency not a atack on a state and demands to be adressed,would a republican have ignored it ? I dought it

Koria was fought under a UN mandate not a US mandate Turks,Brits,and Aussies stood along side and infront of many a brave American

as far as Nuclear inspectors are concerned Was it not the UN and a big push from China and Russia that got the ball rolling.

But If the last part is factual what a Fantastic retort.

:wacko:

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

The Detriot example had me thinking whether Michigan should recall there national gaurd from Over seas duty( if thats where they are) and do peace keeping nearer to home it sound like they need it Would that not be a presidential decision?

Nope. Absolutely not.

National Guard troops are under the command and control of the State Governor unless the President declares a state of national emergency, Congress approves it, and the President specifically brings the National Guard units under Federal control.

AFAIK that has never happened.

Military (Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard) Reserve units and troops are mobilized at the pleasure of the President as long as Congress agrees.

However, I bow to your expertise re: jingoism

A highly belligerent patriotism. Chauvinism. Originated in 19th century Britain when a popular song criticized government restraint during an international crisis: We don't want to fight, Yet by jingo, if we do, We've got the ships, we've got the men, And got the money, too! ...

five bellies - can I take it that the initial post is spun in a direction that makes you dizzy? Would a spin the other direction (as the Democrats have tried to do) would be more to your liking?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Nope. Absolutely not.

five bellies - can I take it that the initial post is spun in a direction that makes you dizzy? Would a spin the other direction (as the Democrats have tried to do) would be more to your liking?

Not realy Newt! :D

Thanks for clearing the National Gaurd thing up.

My post was ment to be tounge in cheek, firstly I hope that I havent caused offence, as that was not my intention, I was merley pionting out that if certain sailiant facts are omited from a discription of events the reader can easily be led to believe that what is written is a true representation of the chain of events that led to a particular out come.

The person who constructed the piece that we are discussing seemes to be a master of his or her craft and taken the time to check thier history fits there arguement and omit the bits that dont.

I am not even a gifted amature :D , my rebutal of the statements made where bits and peices pulled from my head from current affairs programs and history lessons thirty years old and the news wich depending on what paper you read can also be spun in whatever direction suits the editor, most of it I think stands up to scrutany but not all.This was evident by me not understanding the function of the National gaurd I thought they acted like our Terratorial Army!.

I am a rare animal as far as soft lefties are concerned I am emmensly proud of our men and women fighting with the coalition forces in Iraq and Afghanistan. I am sick to death of mealy mouth Polititions standing on thier bravery as if it was their own, when in fact it is thier Penny pinching that is costing our forces in blood.

Thats my spin on it!!

Just one other piont that baffels me Howard Metzenbaum ! Why would his function as an attorrney For the communist Party be a piont of Contention?

if he was a criminal lawyer he could well have defended Murderers, and all sorts of villianous characters that was his chosen Carrier path its what lawyers do isnt it ?

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

LOL - not in any way offended five bellies. I knowed you wuz just funnin me and did a little right back at ya. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President