Top Posters In This Topic

cookitsimply.com/fish-and-seafo...rbed-crust.html

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

10 brownie points:

Any one got recipes for ray wings, what is the best way to cook them????

Put the big ones and small ones back and keep ones that would do 4 portions. Don't bother skinning, too much bother. Instead, scald the skin or put in boiling water for about 2 minutes, the skin will easily scrape off with a knife. Then fry gently in butter till done (when its white through to the bone). Take out of pan and keep warm. Lob a load of double cream in the pan, and stir about to make a nice creamy sauce. Serve with the ray wings. Variation - put in a knob of Dijon or grainy mustard and stir about in the cream to make a mustrad sauce.

Don't feel guilty about keeping a few fish for the pot, most people do. I wonder if the "put 'em back" brigade are vegans? They are condoning plenty of animal deaths if they are not. But lets not go there on this happy forum

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

Hiya,

I don't have a problem with anyone keeping some fish to eat, I personally do think Ray's look better swimming away alive but that's my own opinion.

Out of the hundreds of them that I've caught I've kept 1 and that was last year when Vagabond was out with me.

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Guest Marc

Hello All,

We did some drift diving in Oban last year with these fish, I think they were thorn back rays and beleive me, these fish don't swim they fly.

They were very hard to spot but when we did, we couldn't beleive how lucky we were to have seen them. They let us touch / stroke them, they seemed more interested in us than we were of them and let us swim / fly with them for a couple of hundred yards, unbelievable. Yes I'm a keen boat fisher, but after that, Let them fly.