Starting Fishing Again

Elton

Posted on behalf of jwells. Please add all replies to this thread:

I haven't been fishing for many years now and was thinking of fresh start. Can anyone tell me how easy/difficult it would be for me to go fishing this weekend and if there is any chance of catching anything?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hard? No so hard if you got some tackle, you will need at least a rod licence too. Think some more info as to where you intend to fish and what fish you would like to catch would help. Try signing up we are a friendly and ever so helpful bunch.

fishing this time of year is not the easiest due to highwater weather and temp but you should still have atleast a couple of fish

I'd say do it, definitely.

You can buy a rod license online so you could be fishing legally by 10 mins time if you wanted.

I'd suggest you find out where your local tackle shop is and ask the owner what water there are around, which are fishing well at the time and with what baits etc.

Do keep visiting here though and ask some more questions, if you get specific about location, bait, or species, there are a lot of people with a lot of opinions and suggestions on here. It certainly helped me out when I was starting up and still I pick up interesting tips nowadays, as I'm far from an expert.

Cheers,

Simon

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

:rolleyes: Me and my mate fished a popular comercial on sunday, turned up late and got a peg, wow that won't happen in summer. Anyway we set up to fish, it drizzled a bit now and again but mostly the weather held up quite well. I missed two bites :wallbash: not needed at this time of year, and my mate hooked up and caught a small carp about 2 pounds. Ten minutes later he was in again with a decent 7 pounder.

I still hadn't managed to catch so i started to concentrate a bit and 5 minutes later I was in, it was no monster a little bigger than my mates first.

We then packed up and went home, only a short session but enough.

Sound's like a crap session but the next day I was glad I went, just get out there you will enjoy it. We even laugh at the times we have been out and it has turned too nasty for fishing!

Summer is great for fishing, but after a break for Christmas (apart from a bit of piking) it was great to go back, even if it was only for the one!

We had a Pikeing session today up Rivington and totally blanked !! I thought we may have had a decent chance with it being mild but I thought wrong. Try the river at the weekend ....if it doesn't rain too hard in the mean time :rolleyes: