Shimano 6010 Baitrunner Repair

Elton

In view of the recent service I have been getting from Shimano Felindre I feel its only fair to say how much quicker their turn around of spare parts has been recently.If the part is in stock (and they can tell you on ordering) two days after contacting them is the longest I have waited in recent months/this year.Also any technical queries are answered promptly and accurately.The guys have really picked up the pace!

Still seems to be a problem with availability of the most commonly needed spares (such as Aero series bail components) though! Parts are also very expensive.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

hi ive got the same problem,did you get any useul replys to your query?thanks

It will definitely be the problem Will its the most common fault I repair on any of the Shimano's.If your any where near Ashford Kent pop round and I can fix it while you wait........around 3 mins!

Second most common fault on all of the Baitrunner range is a similar problem (ie a part that has broken and just needs replacing ) and thats the oscillating pawl (makes the spool go up and down) takes a bit longer to fix at around 5 mins due to it being in the main body!

It will definitely be the problem Will its the most common fault I repair on any of the Shimano's.If your any where near Ashford Kent pop round and I can fix it while you wait........around 3 mins!

Second most common fault on all of the Baitrunner range is a similar problem (ie a part that has broken and just needs replacing ) and thats the oscillating pawl (makes the spool go up and down) takes a bit longer to fix at around 5 mins due to it being in the main body!

I think that was the part that broke on my superaero gtm (if not it was a part that made spool go up and down)- turned out that even shimano could not fix it as the spare part was not only out of stock but also out of production.

It was also the only plastic bit inside the reel.

They did fix my other superaero (still going strong after over 20 years) that had a small metal springy bit break inside the bail arm mechanism and sent me a replacement spare part incase it goes again for free!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I have to say the most frustrating thing about Shimano reels is that spare parts are often in short supply and then nigh on impossible to get once the reel is a few years old and they are needed!

I have several models (all which had an origonal RRP of over £100) sat in my "cant fix box" as I can not get the required part for them! none are over ten years old. As an indication I can still get parts for both ABU and Mitchell reels that were discontinued in the 80's!

• 1 year later...

i have just bought this part on ebay from felindreservicing cost £3.00 plus £2.50 postage as the tail end broke of mine and stopped the bail arm working,a simple job to replace to contact them 01792 796584 or use web address www.shimanofelindre.co.uk,they,re the business.