Wreckers hit charity fishery

StuGlynn

Absolutely deplorable behaviour.

Unfortunately the culprits will only get a slapped wrist, if that, when they're finally caught.

At the risk of sounding like my mother, just what is it with kids today? When I was a kid (yes, I know, a long, long time ago...) we would never have dreamed of causing this sort of damage.

Yes, we could be naughty little beggars, but the extent of our trouble-causing mayhem was "knock and run" and maybe smoking on the rec. Occasionally we'd get trollied on "bring your own bottle" sherry from the local off-licence, bought by the only one of us who looked the right age, and then go home thinking we were slightly tipsy. Well, on one bottle between about two dozen of us, we weren't in much danger of anything more. Still, it felt naughty, didn't it? We had about a capful each, then thought we were sozzled. Oh yes, we were being really wild....

In retrospect, we weren't really bad. A bit of a noisy nuisance at times, but no more. The one thing we did have though was respect.

Respect for ourselves and respect for others. We may not have know it by that name, but we knew what it was, and there was a finely drawn line that you just didn't cross. We were in fear of the law and the dire consequences of unprotected drinking or sex. Or maybe that should be unprotected sex and drinking? We just weren't interested. Thinking back on it, we were actually quite angelic! None of us got pregnant. None of us ended up taking drugs. None of us ended up in care homes, and so far as I know, we all turned out OK and have proved to be reasonably responsible people, now burdened with mortgages and bringing up children of our own, and trying our best to educate them and provide them with the guidelines for a decent future.

Respect is the one thing that is missing in today's society. We used to be scared of the village bobby, thinking that he was coming to get us after knocking on doors and running away. Now the kids seem to view anyone in a uniform as a target.

So, how, in our increasingly politically correct society, do we teach respect?

Janet

Who cares if the place has weak fences or no CCTV?

Why should a fishery have to have these things?

I know that some people may disagree with the angle I am looking at however I still feel that if these people (I dont agree that we should blame kids) knew that there would be tougher sentances i.e. actually be punished then they would not carry out such stupid acts.

Elton has already commented on how the perpetrators will probably see the publicity as a good thing and are likely to do it again. The problem is that if these people were tackled and given a good hiding then the sentance that the defenders of the property would receive would be a lot harsher than the one the dick heads creating the problems in the first place would be given.

I want to write more but feel that I will get carried away and end up writing things that people are too scared to admit probably resulting in some crazy punishment from out farcical judicial system :o

I hope you don't think for a second that I think it's ok people are doing this king of thing. I don't, I find it totally abhorent.

I mentioned the fences and lack of CCTV just to make the point that it makes it an easier target for idiots like this.

Because I didn't mention thoughts on tougher punishments doesn't mean I don't agree with them, I was simply saying why it was probably targeted.

A fishery shouldn't have to have such things, but it may be necessary to keep scum like that out. That's a sad reflection on today's society and kids behaviour in general.

I remember hearing something on the radio where a quote was read, written by a prime minister or head of state of some sort (I forget the title) where he said something along the lines of : "the teenagers and young people of this country have lost their respect for authority and most things that surround them. They congregate in unruly groups and act with threatening and antisocial behaviour."

Sounds familiar.

The quote was from the 1800's !!!

I am not saying oh well kids will be kids, I'm just saying that it's always been a problem and probably always will, and with our prisons as full as they are and with the amount of paperwork the police need to tie up the smallest of arrests, means that these little sods can get away with it.

Incidentally, whatever year it is over the centuries, the average time people quote for when the good-old-days-were is always 50 years previous. God knows how they worked it out, but I thought it was interesting.

Don't think for a second that I am blaming the fishery or just saying ah its what kids do. Nowhere in my previous post did I say that but when its on passionate subjects people can take extra meaning out of stuff, so I thought I would clarify that.

Simon

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

Ohh the poor little cherubs, they are only letting off steam and rebelling against this fascist society that does nothing for them.

How would you like it if Mum and Dad where working 24/7 to pay for your playstation 3 and Xbox 360 and when they get home are too tired to give you quality time ?.

Do you know how boring it is to have 30 TV channels broadcasting 24 hours, so all you have to do is stand on street corners in your Nike designer gear with your twenty mates, thats until the community police officer arrives and asks you to "move along boys n girls, thats if you don't mind, if you think I'm encroaching on your civil liberties please tell me and I will be on my bike" ?.

Any way its only a bit of fun they (the victims) are insured, the council will pay or they will get a lottery grant.

This coupled with the fact the poor mites where probably high on sugar due to the copious amount of alco-pops drunk and being influenced by the TV advert 'have you got a wicked side', so there you are television is to blame.

Also the crack down on drugs by the nasty police force as led to a sharp rise in prices, do you know how much a couple of E's cost today ?, its only unavoidable that the end user will take their frustration out on something.

Yours

Mr Headintheclouds

Social Services.

Shaun, Still learning how to fish.

Don't think for a second that I am blaming the fishery or just saying ah its what kids do. Nowhere in my previous post did I say that but when its on passionate subjects people can take extra meaning out of stuff, so I thought I would clarify that.

Simon

Simon, I wasn't having a go at you I was just trying to point how crap is it becoming living in the UK. I am too young to remember the days where you could leave your door unlocked and no one would ever think of stealing however I believe that these days used to exist. Indeed I know that where my girlfriends parents live that this practice is still carried out.

Ohh the poor little cherubs, they are only letting off steam and rebelling against this fascist society that does nothing for them.

How would you like it if Mum and Dad where working 24/7 to pay for your playstation 3 and Xbox 360 and when they get home are too tired to give you quality time ?.

Do you know how boring it is to have 30 TV channels broadcasting 24 hours, so all you have to do is stand on street corners in your Nike designer gear with your twenty mates, thats until the community police officer arrives and asks you to "move along boys n girls, thats if you don't mind, if you think I'm encroaching on your civil liberties please tell me and I will be on my bike" ?.

Any way its only a bit of fun they (the victims) are insured, the council will pay or they will get a lottery grant.

This coupled with the fact the poor mites where probably high on sugar due to the copious amount of alco-pops drunk and being influenced by the TV advert 'have you got a wicked side', so there you are television is to blame.

Also the crack down on drugs by the nasty police force as led to a sharp rise in prices, do you know how much a couple of E's cost today ?, its only unavoidable that the end user will take their frustration out on something.

Yours

Mr Headintheclouds

Social Services.

Can I just check this is not directed at me? If it isn't, sorry for posting this, it's just that it followed my post and it seemed like it was.

If it was, please re-read my post and realise I am not sympathising with the kids and nobody else is. And thanks for the post anyway - saves any of us having to buy a copy of the Daily Mail today!

Can I just check this is not directed at me? If it isn't, sorry for posting this, it's just that it followed my post and it seemed like it was.

If it was, please re-read my post and realise I am not sympathising with the kids and nobody else is. And thanks for the post anyway - saves any of us having to buy a copy of the Daily Mail today!

No not at all BoozleBear, just me taking the mick out of society in general and the liberal elite who do more harm to these kids with their ill thought ideals.

Edited by ShaunW

No not at all BoozleBear, just me taking the mick out of society in general and the liberal elite who do more harm to these kids with their ill thought ideals.

Phew! It's hard to tell nowadays!

Interestingly enough, there's nowhere in the article that says they think kids did it.... :o

Cheers,

Simon

Phew! It's hard to tell nowadays!

Interestingly enough, there's nowhere in the article that says they think kids did it.... :o

Cheers,

Simon

Your right, it could have been Wigan Crown Green Bowling club members after a boozy night out at bingo.