pike books

dapper64

does any body have or read any read good pike fishing books preferably one that describes how to make your own lures? ,I have looked on amazon but there are quite a few to choose from and its hard to decide when you can't flick through the pages.

does any body have or read any read good pike fishing books preferably one that describes how to make your own lures? ,I have looked on amazon but there are quite a few to choose from and its hard to decide when you can't flick through the pages.

Has Charlie Bettell (sp?) written a book? He's well known for making his own lures. And catching good pike on them.

Mick Brown's book is very good. For a general, all round pike book.

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.

As above, the Charlie Bettell book (The Art of Lure fishing) is a great book if you want to learn to make your own spoons plugs etc, you can get it from Amazon for around a tenner.

The Mick Brown book (Practice & the passion) I'd say was an essential read

Also worth checking out are the Fred Buller books and a book called Big Pike, now that's got some great sections on lure fishing and fly fishing for pike with some top name pike anglers contributing.

I haven't read this e-book, so can't say if it's any good or not, but click here and you'll see a book on lure making advertised.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I just bought How to catch bigger pike from rivers lochs and lakes by paul gustafson 2006,pike fishing the practice and the passion by mick brown 2005,the art of lure fishing by charlie bittel 2006,and lure fishing by charlie bittel 1994 off ebay for a good price thanks for the help,cheers. :thumbs:

Another worth getting hold of on lure making is Thurlow Craig's "Spinner's Delight". I don't have a copy in stock at present I'm afraid, but I do have a lot of other pike books plus "Fishing Tackle: Making, Maintenance & Improvement" by Barrie Rickards and Ken Whitehead. They wrote books on lure fishing so, as you'd expect, there's a large section on making lures in "Fishing Tackle". Just follow the link to Classic Fishing Books below.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net