anti kink vane

dapper64

If line twist is a problem then why dont you switch to braid?

Think I was put off braid when it first started to become popular and i bought some, after an hour or so of spinning it snapped like cotton. Don't know if this was just a bad make (can't remember what make) or are there better ones out now?

Being a bit of a Miser i would have to be convinced that it was worthy of the money and taking up one of my spare spools. From previous experience it doesnt get on with rocks when I'm worming either, and it would mean changing my line when going from spinning to worming, but line twist can be no joke so i am all ears.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Yes there are sadly still some poor brands of braid still on the market.However a lot of the problems people experience with braid is really down to incorect selection of size of braid.I will put a link up for a bit I recently put on this site re braid and its selection.

Braid still takes on a twist from rotating lures but as its got nearly no stretch in it you dont get any problem with this "twist" If that makes sense? Have a look at the link and also if you try Spiderwire or PowerPro you wont go to wrong on brand choice.

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Braid-M...021#entry806021

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Yes there are sadly still some poor brands of braid still on the market.However a lot of the problems people experience with braid is really down to incorect selection of size of braid.I will put a link up for a bit I recently put on this site re braid and its selection.

Braid still takes on a twist from rotating lures but as its got nearly no stretch in it you dont get any problem with this "twist" If that makes sense? Have a look at the link and also if you try Spiderwire or PowerPro you wont go to wrong on brand choice.

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Braid-M...021#entry806021

Thanks for that, mybe i should and will give it another go.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Thanks for that, mybe i should and will give it another go.

I switched to braid a few years ago, Like you I almost gave up on it, having similar teething problems as you describe. I stuck with it, and after taking advice in an online forum got fitted out with 'powerpro'. My transition coincided with a move to low profile baitcaster reels, Using good quality reels and powerpro, has added a new and pleasing dimension to my lure fishing. I almost always use wire traces and have never had any 'kinky' problems. It semed strange at first using 60 to 80 LB BS line, but it seems to be neccessary when using the heaviest of lures. I also have a lightweight set up of a single piece 6' lure rod with which I use 20lb powerpro.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

I also switched to Braid including my bait rods and TBH I couldn't dream of using mono again.

Only situattion where I would use it is when I fishing a commercial where the rules state you can't use it..pretty rare occurance these days though.