thicklip mullet feeding on bread in Crouch

sam-cox

I took a walk around Burnham marina this morning, there was a chap angling from one corner baiting with bread. As the bread was taken down with the tide a single gray mullet of around 4lb was taking bits from the top.

I went and got my rod from the van but by the time I got back all the breadwas being taken by gulls. The mullet was taking bread that was drifting with the tide and the fish was 300 yard from the chap inthe corner so I wasnt being rude by planing to have a go. GOOD TO SEE THOUGH and plenty of lip marks to boot.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam

Had my fist of the year this morning from the Medway . . 2 1/2lb. Went well and as always . . returned.

Andrew Boyd

nice one Andrew, 2.5 nice fish to kick off with mate.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

I quite fancey having a bash on the Couch, but instead of doing about 25 miles to fish, i thought of fishing the other side of the river, about 8 miles from me.

A bit thats taken my fancey is just off creeksea ferry road, opposit the white house slipway, with the essex yacht marina on my right, and lion creek on my left.

Can anybody see a problem from this? any hint and tips you would like to share with a crouch newbie, bait, tackle?

Is there allways enough water there to fish?

Remember i don't eat fish, so fish will be returned.

Cheers

Dan

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

a 11lb mullet came from essex marina 3 years ago, i fished it last year from my boat, caught fish to around 5lb. Normal bread tactics work, ither loose feeding or using a bread bag. use at least 6lb line as ive been smashed on 6lb line there many time probably best of with 8lb line.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Medway again.

Just fished this mornings ( Monday ) tide. First thing I did see was a couple of shadows just too deep to be sure, not a positive id, as I lowered my bread bag. . . So spent 5 hours of pure abject anticipation. Sometimes you just feel everythings right, something is going to happen any moment ( or at least when your just pouring some tea from the flask ). So how many did I get? any a decent siz? . . . Not a bite!

Still feeling positive so - Already looking forward to next weekend.

Andrew Boyd

im going to have a bash for a few hours this afternoon @ burnham marina.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.