Licences

carphead100

Oh ok thanks. So I should just fish with my 'new' junior licence for the whole of next season and then get a new full adult licence for the next season.

Many thanks, and if anyone can show me on a website where they found out the info that would be great thanks.

Dan.

Go in to Google, type in EA Licences and fill in the application form.................

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I'll be turning 65 during the course of the new season but because I'm under 65 at the start of the season I'll have to buy a licence at the full price and not be entitled to any reduction.

I think it only fair therefore that someone young enough for concessionary licence at the beginning of the season shouldn't need to pay more on their birthday, because I certainly won't be getting a refund on my birthday.

I guess that it all evens out.

(ps You can't buy a concessionary licence online at present, you either have to run down to the post office, or creakingly shuffle down to the post office, depending upon whether buying a junior or senior licence!)

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I'll be turning 65 during the course of the new season but because I'm under 65 at the start of the season I'll have to buy a licence at the full price and not be entitled to any reduction.

I think it only fair therefore that someone young enough for concessionary licence at the beginning of the season shouldn't need to pay more on their birthday, because I certainly won't be getting a refund on my birthday.

I guess that it all evens out.

(ps You can't buy a concessionary licence online at present, you either have to run down to the post office, or creakingly shuffle down to the post office, depending upon whether buying a junior or senior licence!)

Haha. Yer I'll be running down to the post office soon to get a new concessionary licence at the post office.

Thanks everyone for all your replies.

Many thanks and Tight Lines,

Dan......

Edited by carphead100

I'm not really a fisherman, I just like to think I am.

It applies on your birthday. Liam was 12 in September and I had to get his rod licence then. I phoned the EA as I was uncertain if it was the season in which he was 12 or once he was 12. They told me he would need one as from his 12th birthday but there would be no reduction for the fact he only needed one for 6 months!

So, as from your 17th birthday you will need a full licence.

Hope this clears it up.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Oh ok thanks very much Lyn.

Thanks to everyone else who has posted on here for helpng me clear up my question.

Dan.

Edited by carphead100

I'm not really a fisherman, I just like to think I am.

I also called the EA for my son who was 12 last July, I called in march and was told hr hsa to get a junior licence for the following season as his birthday fell after the begining of the season???

He has fished all this season as jumior.

I had to pay for 4 months when he was underage? seems unfair

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

Leon

You can always have it on direct debit, that way you don't have to run anywhere, it just turns up on your doorstep every year, you don't have to think about it, no fear of forgetting it.

You've got to have one, so why not

PS

Had a notification from the EA on the 7 Jan that my Licence fee would be taken on the 3rd of March unless I cancelled before, my licence would arrive before the end of March

Happens every year........Easy

Edited by Team Man

Alan

I must be doing something right, I'm still alive