Carp Rigs - Help!

henda11

im pretty useless at making rigs and not really that good, so i was wondering if there anyone from the uk on this forum that would be willing to sell me some ready made rigs for carp fishing?

PB Mirror Carp: 10lb 7oz

PB Common Carp: 7lb 7oz

im pretty useless at making rigs and not really that good, so i was wondering if there anyone from the uk on this forum that would be willing to sell me some ready made rigs for carp fishing?

Most of them are pretty simple when you sit down and try them, but if you're after some basic hair rigs, I have some here:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/cheap-fishing-tackle/

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

henda11,

have you looked at the 'carp rigs' section on this website, (located on the left hand side of the screen). I first had a look at them when I started making rigs and found they were extremely helpful, still have a glance at them every now and then.

Dan.

Edited by carphead100

I'm not really a fisherman, I just like to think I am.

I'll also add that I was talking to the owner of this shop just last week. He's a mate of mine and quite a hardcore carp-angler who's always been quite anal about his rigs.

He told me last week that he's going to be using those ESP rigs now, as they're that good that he doesn't see the point in tying his own. I haven't seen them and am not really experienced enough to comment, but I'd trust his opinion

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Henda, one thing you should bear in mind, is the need to be able to change your hooks quite frequently.

Almost 60 years of carping, has taught me one thing, that is the need for sharp hooks.

The most successful carper I know is fanatical about sharp hooks, and last season (2007/8) I advised a fairly successful young guy (who always bought and continually used his rigs) to tie up his own and make sure his hooks were always needle sharp. His catches soared...........

If you end up as one of those guys who simply removes the lead weight,hooks the hook over one of the rings and puts the lot in a padded rod holdall when you pack up..and then gets the same setup out for the next session, then you will miss an awful lot of action.

Sharp hooks....sharp hooks....sharp hooks.

De

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

really what i mostly use is maggot feeder and the method feeder, but ive stopped using that due to the fact it is harmful to the fish a break in the line occurs. what im really looking for is some ready made rigs which i can attache my lead to and then be on my way lol, but i may give them a try , but im a very impatient person when it comes to being able to do rigs and stuff. i love my fishing and all, but i find rigs challenging.

poledark i have plenty and plenty of sharp hooks lol, i never forget my hooks....

Den,

How often is quite often? I changed mine last season. Are they due for renewal? :D

Seriously Elton? Ideally every time you catch a fish :) So once a seasonn for you?

Henda, I would have thought that an inline feeder would be one of the safest setups you could use.

I note your remark about "not being patient" How long does it take to tie a simple rig ?

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

well really, i havent actually done a proper rig using tubing and stuff, i recently got myself some tubing and bits and bobs to do rigs, it is actually a helicopter rig set i think, are you able to make any other rigs from the tubing and stuff?

well really, i havent actually done a proper rig using tubing and stuff, i recently got myself some tubing and bits and bobs to do rigs, it is actually a helicopter rig set i think, are you able to make any other rigs from the tubing and stuff?

Check out the articles on here, under rigs but in short yes, you can make a multitude of different rigs with the same bits and pieces. That said, there's no need to make loads, I use two, maybe 3 different rigs to cover all of my fishing - and one of those is because of different rules on that lake, forcing a change. Keep it simple is my advice, especially to start with. Go too complicated with lots of different rigs and you will lose fish or fail to get takes and actually make matters worse.

Rob.