North Yorks venues please

jeepster

Now that I'm getting back up to full strength in the rod department (Thanks to Andrew Burgess and an AN rod mender who probably want's to stay anonymous for fear of being inundated with broken rods!) I want to get back out and catch some fish.

Anyone know the score on trout fishing (worms and spinners) on the Wharfe or Nidd in North Yorkshire? Or any still waters (not commercial fisheries though) where I might get some tench action near Harrogate or Otley?

Ta,

Jon

Would you be surprised if I told you about the many accidental catchs of chub and barbel whilst worm fishing for trout

next time you catch any you should tell them not to eat the worms the naughty little chub and barbel because they are for the trout,if that does'nt put a label on the worm saying trout only. :D

Now that I'm getting back up to full strength in the rod department (Thanks to Andrew Burgess and an AN rod mender who probably want's to stay anonymous for fear of being inundated with broken rods!) I want to get back out and catch some fish.

Anyone know the score on trout fishing (worms and spinners) on the Wharfe or Nidd in North Yorkshire? Or any still waters (not commercial fisheries though) where I might get some tench action near Harrogate or Otley?

Ta,

Jon

Non-commercial hmm... There's a nice head of tench in Ure Bank Pond near Sharow in Ripon. Carp, perch, and pike in the racecourse lake never heard of any tench though. You can also fish R. Ure I think with worm BUT you'll have to check the bylaws. I don't fish with worm outside of the coarse season so can't really comment. You can get day tickets from the Bondgate post office.

Sadly Ripon Angling shop has closed. Not sure if it is being sold or if they are rebuilding.

The reservoirs north of Harrogate- Swinsty, Thrusscross and Fewston opened this past weekend but are for fly fishing only. Not sure if you are aware of what clubs are available in Harrogate. Nidderdale angling club from Pateley Bridge down to Summerbridge (Nidd) and I believe Bradford has a stretch and Knaresborough as well. There are also a few others but I don't know where you can start fishing unless you ask specific questions about Ripon. Can't help with the Wharfe. Don't forget about R. Cover.. Don't know who has the rights for it. Perhaps a google might be in order?

Funny that I was asked this same question earlier today and had to ask one of my friends. Check the local bylaws if you go on the rivers around here for specifics on fishing with anything other than flies.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Cheers Jeff,

Ure Bank pond and the Racecourse lake sound very interesting, it's about time I dusted off my pike tackle too, so cheers for that.

Where do you fish (PM me if you like) when you're not floating around on that wheelie bin thing?

Jon

Cheers Jeff,

Ure Bank pond and the Racecourse lake sound very interesting, it's about time I dusted off my pike tackle too, so cheers for that.

Where do you fish (PM me if you like) when you're not floating around on that wheelie bin thing?

Jon

You've got a PM. Also forgot to add if you do end up out at the sites I mentioned, make sure you DON"T park inside the gated areas without a key!

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...