fishing off blackpool pier

adie

hi guys, im off to blackpool shortly and ws wondering do ya need heavy stuff to fish from the pier for a little fun? ive never done pier fishing before so havnet a clue so any advice would be good

thanks

adie

Adie,

Sorry mate your out of luck, no fishing is allowed off North Pier any more since some pratt angler lit a fire on the Pier to keep warm during a night session a couple of years ago, Central Pier is a private club, so you cannot go on there. Have a session at Gynn Square, it is about 2 miles North of the Tower, you can walk down onto the lower walk and fish off the wall its dead easy.

Tackle, its a sandy bottom so standard beach gear if fine, 5oz weight, 1 or 2 hook rig is fine, if you need bait give Chris Webb a ring on 470004, he will sort you out. If you want any further help or info email me, I'll do my best