Windy Conditions

henda11

i'm looking for a little advice on windy conditions, because as you all know we've been having some bad winds, and ive checked the weather forecast for the rest of the week for where im going and on the saturday it says winds of around 22mph, but i'm not fishing until the sunday.

is wind of that speed ok for fishing in? or is it not worth it? i mean ive never fished in windy conditions before its always been decent weather minus wind.

can anyone give me some advice on how it may affect my fishing?

PB Mirror Carp: 10lb 7oz

PB Common Carp: 7lb 7oz

This time of year windy conditions normally means low pressure this can be good for carp.In a lot of waters carps movement can also be affected by the wind strength and direction.A sudden change can often cause them to move or feed.Knowing your water is the key to knowing how its carp react to such things.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Wind...air temperature....water temperature...all tied up together.

An example..MKF waters...Friday Water temp 44F............Monday 48F.......today at 4pm...50.5F. A strong westerly wind with air temp higher than the water did the trick.

I know he won't mind me saying this, but one of this countries very top carpers was very surprised when I pulled the TM out of the water. He was complaining that "it is only about 42F, much to cold" :)

If that doesn't get them feeding, then nothing will :) Temps taken on the bottom in 9 feet of water.

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

the temperature for my 1st days fishing on the sunday is looking like its going to be around 8 degrees. now will that decrease my chances of catching?

Its likely that it will as we have had a few days of almost 15 degrees although its not a huge difference in temperature and its better than there being a frost!

I'm back is fishing like riding a bike? you never forget how?